Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
SELF HATE TRIG
sittingbull594 posted:
HOW DO YOU TALK TO YOURSELF? DO YOU ALWAYS CALL YOURSELF NAMES AND SUCH?

TRIGGER.....................
TRIGGER................................................
TRIGGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IM NOT ALWAYS AWARE OF MY SELF TALK ARE YOU? IM AFRAID IM AFRAID OF BEING FOUND OUT. IM HONEST WIT YA'LL AND MY HUSBAND TOO. I'V TOLD HIM ALL MY STUFF AND EVEN THE BIGGEST BLOOPER I MADE ONE TIME IN MY DRINKIN DAYS. DO YOU RAT YOURSELF OFF?
MY T SAID THAT SHE'S NEVER SEEN ANYONE WHO HATED THEMSELVES MORE THAN I HATE MYSELF. DO I HAVE ANY TAKERS? I'M VERY SLEEPY BUT AM FIGHTING TO GO TO BED AND I DON'T KNOW ABOUTHTIS. IM VERY NERVOUS. THE PLANES HAVE BEEN FLYING EVER LOWER AND LOWER AND IT FREAKS ME OUT SO BADLY! REMINDS ME OF 911. MY T SAYS WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF A PALNE RUNNING IN TO MY HOUSE. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF SOMEONE BEING IN MY HOME? IM SUPPOSE KNOW THAT IT'S SLIM. THERE ARE SO MANY CRAZIES OUT THERE AND I KNOW CUZ HE TOLD US THAT THE NEIGHBOOR ON THE STREET IN FRONT OF US TOLD US HE WATCHES US. CREEPY! HE'S NEVER DONE ANYTHING BUT HE KNOWS OUR COMINGS AND GOINGS. GTOOD THING THE TIMES WE COME AND GO ARE VERY STAGGERED AND DIFFERENT ALL THE TIEM . I BURNED AND CUT IN SMAE PLACES TONIGHT. I FEEL REALLY BAD ABOUT LIEING AND I MUST ATONE FOR MY SINS.

friedeggs responded:
let me put like this, i do not consider talking to myself. i look as thinking out loud. it can be really not a good/ m,y kids are use to and i try not to be found out when i am in the street. it does not always work. as far as the self hate part she has not met met me, the only thing that i can tell is try to find a coping tool that works for you
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

mandybutterflykiss responded:
SB,

Self talk... in todays world of cellphones, ipods, ear pieces, no one seems to know if a person is speaking to another or themself. In doing Self Talk... are you doing so with id, ego or super ego? Parent, Child, Neutral Wisdom...

Ask yourself, are these messages others have given to you and if so, challenge them...

Example: I was taught: My body is not my own. It belongs to everyone to use and abuse. I believed this to be the truth. But now I can see the truth.... I was taught this by Bad Teachers, whose hidden agenda was to use my body for their own sick pleasures. The self hate, the self loathing I felt towards myself, I now see in a different light. I do not have to hate me for what others did to my body... Does this make sense?

I do "rat" myself out, because I do not want to lie. I expect truth from others and also from myself. The challege is figuring out what the truth really is. God bless therapy!

Refuse to live in Fear, SB. Discover what you need to make you feel safe.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

mandybutterflykiss replied to friedeggs's response:
(((((((DEM))))))
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

Katenewbie replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Trust me SB the only reason she said that about you is she has never met me (Like Dem said). I cry when I look in the mirror. Try having the wrong body-see what that does to your self esteem. But like Bonnie said, I rat myself out because the only way therapy works for me is if I am completely honest.

I always go back to AA & try to live my life with Rigorous Honesty. It's why when I first signed up for this group - I put my true status out there as soon as I could.

I like your therapist's questions of the likelihood of your fears becoming truth. As far as the neighbor goes, think of it as a good thing. If anyone tries to break in, he'll see them & call the police. Think of him as your personal neighborhood watch (But always make sure your robe is closed when you go out to get the paper).

We all struggle SB. Just do the best you can with the skills you have.

Much Love,
Kate_Te

sittingbull594 replied to Katenewbie's response:
Thank you ladies. im soooo tired can't get enough sleep and just can't get it goin! had a better day than expected tho.
you women here are so exceptional thank you for including me in the family!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

First I have to tell you the prior problem with my posts never got resolved, but I can be persistent; so here goes. I am a 57 year old woman who has s...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.