Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
NOT A GOOD DAY.....
lowdown posted:
CAUTION MAY TRIGGER SOME CAUTION -----------------------------------

Well my children's sperm donor lost his job yesterday, that mean's more stress on me. Today I had my domestic therapy apt. and had a break down in the office, I had been having strong uncontrollable urges all afternoon, I felt so ashamed. of course she had to ask if I was S. then after that I had my survivors support group, that went ok. My t made me sit while she had another talk with me. I handed her my tool of choice. she made me promise i would call her tomarrow, She kept asking me about the hospital, I don't want to go, I want to work on the things I need to outside the hospital, It would be better for my kids, I think. Sometimes I feel like I have to apologize to people around me including my 2 t's for how I feel or If I show any sign's of distress when I'm with them. Am I wrong about not wanting to be put back into the hospital? I'm trapped I don't know how to feel or what to do. Help....

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Lowdown,

I do not think there is a right or wrong....only our reasons for Why something may not work for us, like going in the hospital.

I applaud your strength and wisdom in doing what is in your best interest and for thinking of your children's best interests. This should make your feel pride, not shame.

You are doing the work, going to appointments, group and using your tools. This is huge. Your feelings are just that... YOURS... no one else's and you never need to apologize for what you feel. Society has tried to send negative messages to us but you know what? My favorite question is: Who said this and what makes them superior? We are all human...there is no right or wrong.

I think you have stated your feelings and know what you want to do rather well.

Keep up the good work and the good fight. You are really amazing and I applaud you.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

sittingbull594 responded:
I USE THE HOSPITAL WHEN I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT KEEP MYSELF SAFE.IN FACT I DROVE MYSELF THERE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND CALLED HUSBAND TO TELL HIM AND HE TALKED ME OUT OF IT.

YOU'RE T'S KNOW YOU BETTER THAN WE DO AND THEY DON'T PAY IT NO NEVER MIND TO WHAT OTHERS THINK WHEN WE'RE IN A BAD SPOT. iF SOMEONE GETS UPSET ABOUT US BEING IN A BAD SPOT THEN THAT IS THEIR PROBLEM. T'S DON'T THINK LIKE THAT THEY ARE THERE TO SERVE. PLEASE DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR T'S. THEY WAN TTHE BEST FOR YOU.

IT SOUNDS AND I COULD BE WRONG THAT THAT YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE SO FAR TO DEVELOP A GOOD SET OF COPING MECHANISMS? I DUNNO NOT KNOWING YOU YET.

IF YOUR KIDS OBSERVE YOU OUTTA CONTROL OR SH'G ETC IT MAY BE TIME TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL BUT THIS IS YOUR CALL. THE ONLY TIME A T OR PDOC CAN COMMIT YOU FOR A 72 HR HOLD IS IF THEY HAVE WITHOUT A REASONABLE DOUBT YOU CANNOT BE SAFE AND ARE A THREAT TO YOURSELF.

I'M REALLY SORRY YOU'RE GOING THRU THIS. IT'S SO HARD ISN'T IT??? I DON'T KNOW HOW OLD YOUR KIDS ARE BUT IF THEY ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 12 I WOULD FARM THEM OUT TO SOME NEIGHBOORS, RELATIVES
AFTER SCHOOL FREE PROGRAMS! I HOPE SOME OF WHAT WE HAVE WRITTEN HELPS.

TAKE CARE

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.