Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
moods
sittingbull594 posted:
anyone here with bpd having problems with mood and major fluctuations during 24 hour period each and every day?? would like to discuss.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
I find I can go from feeling okay to angry to crying and not know why.

My T states it is a part of EID...(Emotional Intensity Disorder) the new term that includes BPD. Because feeling, thinking, expressing ourselves was not "safe" to do or was always "wrong" we surpressed all. The moods based in the present are increased tenfold from a past of supression. It's like every emotion imaginable is shouting all at the same time to be heard.

I'm still learning about this at anyrate... but so far, this is how my T explained things.

Hope this helps SB.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

sittingbull594 replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
thanks! yes that is what happens to me and why i apparently write so wildly here and am so wildly in my emoitions in my life. it drives me nuts! I don't like it one bit!

I see why this is part of me now. i'm so lonesome.
yes i had to suppress all the time. want so badly to sh last night and didn't and want to again real badly and don't know why???

mandybutterflykiss replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB,

The urge being there and the not knowing why...I understand this well. SH has been our "friend" for so long and is an addiction. My T states the urge will always be there, just not as powerful and not as frequent as when under stress.

Hugs.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

sittingbull594 replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
hey bon

thanks for the replies. Yeah my t says as much i guess. I said to her yesterday that i think this will always be a part of me and she said maybe but that when the time gets less and less in between when i do harm then it will be less problematic >???? i can't remember what the heck she said.

I'm so happy for you bon. You've done really well in such a short period of time. Keep on keepin on.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The real story begins when I was a young girl, when the disease first entered my life. All my memories before the diagnosis have been washed away by t...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.