Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Computer virus?
off_the_wall posted:
Is anyone else having a computer virus thing pop up anytime they try to come to this forum or is it just my computer that has an issue?

katenewbie responded:
I am having the same issue. Whenever I try to read a post or post myself, I get a new window popping up with some virusy ad. I always close the window immediately. I'm glad it's not just my computer.

Kate_Te

sittingbull594 replied to katenewbie's response:
Right now I don't have those issues. Haven't had them at all except on FB. So...... If two of you had it 4 hours apart and now i'm posting 4 hours apart too??? hmmm dont' know really i'm not very good with that sorta thing

slik_kitty responded:
run a virus scan on your puter. it's probably a virus or a worm that is making those ads pop up. i had that happen to me years ago and it got to the point that so many ads kept popping up that my puter became unusable and i had to reformat the hard drive to fix it. it's a scam. they put a virus on your puter then send pop ups to get you to buy their antivirus product.

i'm not sure that is what is happening to you, but it never hurts to run a virus scan. also, make sure you have an antivirus program running at all times.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.