Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Hi everyone (may trigger sa/si)
washedaway posted:
Hi everyone...it's been a really long time since I've even lurked here...don't even know if anyone will remember me...but I need to check in with some people who I know will get at least parts of what's happening right now....

It's been over a year since the last time I cut...been doing the whole baby steps thing...am pretty much out of the mire of depression...but recently struggling with anxiety although have still been able to keep things under control...and then last night happened...

I went out with some friends to listen to a band and have a drink...well, while we were there, some random guy asked me to dance...and I actually did... I was even having fun dancing and talking (and refusing his offer to leave with him) until he started trying to kiss me...at first I just turned my face so he kissed my cheek, but then he basically forced me not to turn my head. I managed to keep it together enough to tell him I needed to go sit for a while (with my friends...not him) and then didn't dance anymore...but he came by our table later and gave me his #... Anyway...today I have been having horrible anxiety...almost to the point of panic attacks...which I have never had before. I don't know what to do or think...and i want to CUT so much right now......

K
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Oh K, I am sorry that *^^$% ruined your night out. (((((K)))))

It's awful when someone invades your life in such a SA type way. It stirs up other stuff.

I am so glad you had the strength to get away and go back where it was safe.

I am also proud of you for coming back here and reaching out. Its much harder to reach out then it is to SI. I hope you can see your over a year time invested in using healthy coping skills, helped you to handle this intrusion into your life.

As for tonight dear one, breath. Hug Mr. E and curl up and rest. If that doesn't work a hot/cold/hot/cold shower should help nip the urge to injure.

I know for me when its been a while between injuries if I use the snapping the rubber band on my forearm, it will satisfy the urge and it won't leave another scar.

Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

washedaway replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Thank you for not making me feel crazy for being totally weirded out by this experience. Made it through the night ok. Already had an appointment with my T later this week so am going to figure out how to talk to him about it.

rugger1369 replied to washedaway's response:
hi washedaway- not sure if we ever met so hello!...ive been away for ahile myself - but ive been there. you feel violated and you may even feel you are fault. you most definitely are not! and to echo DD, you have built up your strength and courage this past year and you should be proud of how you handled the situation.

keep your head up and dont let this creep get in the way of your goals. dont let him leave anything more than a fleeting memory. thanks for sharing, i know that can be scary but its best to get these things out and not let them fester inside of us. much love

off_the_wall replied to washedaway's response:
Hi K! Good to see you although I'm sorry you are struggling. I agree with P and commend you on getting yourself out of what could have turned into a really bad situation. (((Hugs)))

washedaway replied to rugger1369's response:
Thanks for the response! Appreciate the encouragement very very much. Talked to some in person friends today, too...a big part of the work i've done over the last year is cultivating relationships where i can actually talk about real life...even when real life is ugly. reaching out is hard...thanks for being there to hear me.

washedaway replied to off_the_wall's response:
Hi OTW! Good to see you, too. Thanks for the encouragement...means a lot to me to have people here to offer support even when I haven't been around in a while. (((hugs back)))

rugger1369 replied to washedaway's response:
of course! and thanks to you too...ive been going through a tough spot myself and what you said about cultivating relationships to talk about real life...i am missing that...thanks for that (HUGS)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My cutting problem started last year and has gotten worse since then. There were moments where I would put my lighter to a pair of scissors and set it...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.