Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Distraction Action
mandybutterflykiss posted:
What is your favorite summer day like and what would you be doing?

My favorite summer day would be a breezy, cool day on the Maine Ocean with my Poo-Bear and MandyCake. We would swim in the cold Atlantic Ocean then warm up by wrapping up in a fleece blanket having hot coffee and a picnic on the beach. After the picnic we would wander the shores and collect shells. Exhausted we would return to the fleece blanket, lay down, listen to the tide come in as we held each other close and stargazed. Drifting off to a peaceful sleep....

NEXT....
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Gra'

Bonnie

katenewbie replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
If the rain ever stops, I will have my "perfect summer day". Camping by myself in the Adirondacks. I go to a free campsite with no running water, but does have an outhouse. It's right on the upper Hudson river - no pollution here - just fast moving clear water.

It's beautiful, quiet, peaceful. Can read, watch the fire. Get up early & see deer. It's great & I was supposed to go yesterday, but this rain is making me wait til Sunday.

mandybutterflykiss replied to katenewbie's response:
Kate-Te,

Having lived off the land in the midst of nowhere for 25 years, I find while I do miss the clean air, the quiet nature, the beautiful creatures of the wild, I'm beginning to like the comforts of electricity, plumbing, not cooking on stone or over a fire, not showering in the rain, not washing everything by hand after hauling water and taking an hour to heat it.

Sometime's I cry for this lifestyle again, to be with wolves and other critters but healthwise, it just isn't meant to be.

I hope that you can get a break from the rain so as to go and enjoy the gentle serenity of the wild.

Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

A child of light, born of darkness, but which one will she be? The light an illusion and the darkness all consuming, does she dare hope to ever be fre...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.