Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Have you ever....
mandybutterflykiss posted:
I'm going to do some thinking out loud... I just wonder if any of my sisters here have thought about these things...

Have you ever wondered, how you were observed to be, by others?
Example: I thought my body langauge was saying to others: Go away, leave me alone, not interested, etc. My T however, said she preceived my body language to be one of vulnerability thus drawing to me those I thought I was blocking.

Have you ever wondered how your words were heard by others?
Example: Most of us are familiar with the poem: "There is a hole in the sidewalk." Well, in group this week, I learned that I take the words to be litteral. Others in the group heard these words as Metaphores. Wow, what a difference in hearing!

Have you ever wondered if your manner of communication was actually being conveyed in the manner you have thought?
Example: I recently learned that my manner of communication might come across as an attack of sorts when what I may be trying to convey is actually the opposite.

And if you have ever.... how did it affect your perceptions of others and yourself? For myself, it has caused me to ask questions to see if I am hearing correctly, speaking and/or communicating clearly, and conveying what it is that I seek to convey.

"We are all students and we are all teachers, in life."

In Harmony,
Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi :c im arielle & im 15 and i cut myself ;3. i dont know what else to say but im here for anyone who needs to talk ;c.

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.