Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
I'm just going to sit here and cry
off_the_wall posted:
because it's all I can do.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

katenewbie responded:
Hey OTW -
What's going on? Anything I can do to help?
Kate_Te

off_the_wall replied to katenewbie's response:
No but thank you. I'm just exhausted. 7 months old and my baby doesn't sleep night or day. I have tried everything. She just constantly stays overly tired and fussy--- she has this super loud screeching sound she makes almost nonstop. God I love this baby to death but I just wish she'd sleep and give me a little break every now and then. I'm also trying to potty train the oldest which is difficult.

On top of it, something happened that brought up one of the most painful memories from my past. The event that gave me PTSD--- a college organization decided it would be funny to pose in sexual and goofy ways at the memorial to those who died in the accident... and to post those pictures online.

mandybutterflykiss replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW,

Love, prayers and hugs to you.

Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

katenewbie replied to off_the_wall's response:
I'm sorry you saw that OTW. People can be so thoughtless. Like Bonnie said, you are in my prayers, you have my love & I am sending big soft hugs.

sittingbull594 replied to katenewbie's response:
((((((((())))))))))

That is raunchy! to say the least. I remember what a hard time you had with this and I'm so utterly sorry its come back to you in such a negative way!!! Here some people who were in my daughters event NEVER have talked about it. My daughter has nightmares still to this day.

Can you do the 5,4,3,2,1 that I've mentioned here so many times?? 5 things you see, 5 things you hear, 5 things you feel (tactile like the chair on your behind??
then 4 things of all of that down till 1.

There were times when my daughter would scream so loud.... I had to leave the room. I told my mom one time that I thought I was going to do something bad and she told me you don't want to harm the child nor go to jail so WALK OUTTA THE HOUSE. PUT THE BABY IN A SAFE PLACE AND WALK OUTTA THE HOUSE!!!! I did that and was able to come back and deal.

As far as the peeps who were so disgusting in their lack of respect for the others!!!! shame on them B. Shame on them!!
Furthermore, take care of you kiddo. When it comes down to it we only have ourselves really and God. We are born into this world essentially alone and we essentially go out alone.

Is there something wrong with E?? Is she teething?? Can you try the ole process of elimination first and then try to address anything (u probably already have) that would be obvious??

I often resulted in counting and counting and counting and counting. Maybe right now you could just leave the potty training alone since E is probably making it a hard time for P too. I had to off and on again train my first because of my second roaring. don't worry P won't end up in kindergarten with diapers on. I've never heard of that.

I really really wish I could hug you and watch the girls for you right now. There is a really good book on how to get your infant to sleep. If you're interested I'll get ahold of my dil and see what they did. Hang tough girl! Hang tough!

Know we're all thinking of you ok?!! huggers. I'm sending energy your way and hoping you get to get some rest SOOON!!

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
Thank y'all so much for the comforting words. I know I shouldn't let some stupid college kids upset me but I've allowed it anyway. It's just still, after 13 years, a raw wound. I can't even imagine how the families that lost children feel.

So E has had problems since she was born. We treat her with Zantac but she still screams and doesn't sleep. I've taken her to the pediatrician so many times because her screaming in pain makes me think she must have an ear infection or something but then they can never find anything wrong with her so they say it must be her tummy. It's just so hard because I feel awful for her and at the same time I feel awful that I get frustrated with her screaming and nonsleeping even though it's not her fault.

CJ_Smythe replied to off_the_wall's response:
I'm sorry you're going through so much *stuff* right now. I don't really have any words, but I bring lots of soft pillows and plush blankets and comforting stuffed animals. And my loveable cat who is more than happy to sit in a lap and have her rabbit-like soft fur stroked. (*(*(*(*(*(HUGS)*)*)*)*)*) <~~if all right
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.

off_the_wall replied to CJ_Smythe's response:
Thank you, I really appreciate it. And I love cats so thanks for sharing yours.

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
I'm glad you found CJ's loveable kitty ok.

I know more about your kids then I do my own granddaughter B. Ya know I get ruffled about my traumas too when things get flittered up. I just hate it. Put the blame where it belongs back on those college kids. Its ok to have those kind of emotions b. It really is!! It's just trying not to hold onto them to long so you don't have to suffer more than you should ok?? maybe you can take those emotions and put them in a pretty box and float it out to the ocean for now??

I wish I had an answer for you about E. I know she's been a handful. I feel bad for all of you. I know for me when I wasn't satisfied with an answer from the doc I persisted. The only way it seems because of healthcare to get anywhere is to persist with them. That's all I know. I'm sorry I don't have my magic wand on me DAMN IT! Can you imagine a 5'10" old hag who is 250 lbs. in a tutu and tights with a magic wand?!!! hahahahahahaha made ya laugh!

Remember when we'd all cuddle with our jammies on and blankies and everything. CJ reminded me of that! THanks CJ!

I'm going to start a new thread so join in ok

CJ_Smythe replied to sittingbull594's response:
SittingBull~
You have a wand? I usually have to make do with whatever's handy! Do ya know how hard it is to "bippity-boppity-boo" while holding computer mouse? Or worse, a kitty litter scoop? LoL
"Can you imagine a 5'10" old hag who is 250 lbs. in a tutu and tights with a magic wand?!!!" Or a 5'10" 390lb white girl with a blonde afro in a tutu and tights waving a feather tease cat toy? Oh, the fun that would be!!

"Remember when we'd all cuddle with our jammies on and blankies and everything. CJ reminded me of that! THanks CJ" I have a pair of "onesie" footed PJs with a Felix the Cat print and a drop-butt that I love to curl up in when the weather's cold. And I'm currently, secretly (cuz my family would be ever so embarrassed if they knew) seeking out a "taggies" blanket. One of those soft fleece ones with the silky tags attached. (See: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81iYe-I7vuL._SL1500_.jpg ) One of the little girls I used to babysit had one. They're like heaven in a one foot fabric square!! With my newly acquired sewing skills, I may just make one for myself!
OTW, I don't know how old your older child is (I'm guessing about 2 or 3, since you mentioned potty training), but I find that just regressing back to my pre-school years (I call it playing with the kidlets!) can be quite relaxing. Playing dress-up, or having a kidlet style my (wild and crazy) hair. Or just breaking out the coloring books and crayons! The dollar store is a great place to find coloring books, IMHO.

Anyways, I'm glad you found my kitterly cat to be relaxing. She's currently curled up somewhere in the house, gathering her energy for a late-nite running rampage. Here's hoping every day gets a little better!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.

sittingbull594 replied to CJ_Smythe's response:
o yeah I used to bippity boppity boo years ago when I was younger... that's why when I lost my wisdom teeth (damn now I have noooooo!!!! wisdom left) the tooth fairy gave me a magic wand!!

Did ya'll know that when you have a tooth pulled as an adult all you have to do it put it under your pillow and you'll rec'v a magic wand too!!!!!

Well back to OTW topic..... Hon be easy with yourself. That includes everyone here!

Its so hard ya just never know what the kidlets will throw at ya.
Are you happy with your pediatrician?? If you keep taking her back and you're not getting results.... (If the same thing keeps on happening then you'll keep getting the same results is what the t's say) so I don't know the answer but i'm very concerned about you and E.

Maybe its time for a second opinion?! That just doesn't seem right to me that she should be like this so much. O man I'm prayin for you otw and I hope good things come from maybe another perspective???

lovely_lemon_tree replied to sittingbull594's response:
.*reaches out and pats your hand*

I guess that's all that can be done right now...
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
So funny CJ and SB!

Yes, I'm happy with our pediatrician. When P was a baby I took her to nearly every pediatrician in town and found them all to be either idiots or extremely arrogant individuals. In fact even fairly recently I couldn't get an appointment with our pediatrician on a Friday afternoon and I was forced to bring P to the island pediatrician office. She had blood coming out of her ear and they told me it was just from her scratching her ears. I was thinking, "Scratching her ears?! You're joking, right?" Took her to her ENT the following week and she had a bad ear infection in her ear that contains tubes and that's what was causing the bleeding.

Anyway, I now drive my girls to the mainland to see a pediatrician that I really do like. Kind of inconvenient but worth it to me. Unfortunately we just can't figure out why E doesn't sleep....

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I'm hanging in there. I hope you are all doing the same. (((Hugs)))

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
((((LLT))))) I appreciate it, friend. I hope you are doing well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Senior in a university looking to meet people who understand and won't judge me for the chaos that goes on on my head.

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.