Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
A SLUMBER PARTY FOR ALL!!!
sittingbull594 posted:
So many of us are feeling blue and don't know how to play clue.

So lets DOOOOOOOOO!

Lets have a slumber party for everyone new and old.. for anyone who may be lurking and for anyone who is looking in who would like to join us.

RSVP by checking in here with : One soothing item you would like to share with everyone, a place you would like to share that soothing item at, and something either to drink or eat (your fav and non alcoholic)
If you have a funny story or a feel good story that is short please tell us that too!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

off_the_wall responded:
Let's have the party in a beach house. With a big deck overlooking the water. We can listen to the waves, enjoy the breeze, and just relax. We can have some BBQ, potato salad, watermelon, and homemade ice cream.

tnmist replied to off_the_wall's response:
May I join you? I love the beach and miss it so much. I brought some extra lounge chairs to share on the deck, and I also brought a supply of coloring books and crayons because that is what has been helping my inner child the most. A nice cozy breeze is here, but I think we can manage okay even if we end up needing to chase a paper or 2 that slips away.

I brought some iced tea, homemade M&M cookies, chips and dip.

Can't think of any humorous stories at the moment, but I'm happy to listen to anyone else's.

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
Count me in too!

For the slumber party, I would like to bring a spa kit to share. Manicures, Pedicures, Facials, Hair Care, Moisturizer and hot stones and heated spa towels. I would love to give you all full body massages, starting with the feet. (I do a type of full body reflexology/deep tissue).

For my contribution for food, I would bring Fondue! White, Milk, Dark Chocolate and another with Cheese...

Should anyone crave a soothing nightcap and desire heat... I could warm up some Milk/Soy/Almond/Rice with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and a splash of truvia for sweetness.

For PJ's, I would want to wear an over-sized nightshirt, color blue, hangs past knee's with leggings.

Thank you so much for this... I've missed our sleepovers...

Love you all.
Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

sittingbull594 replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
O boy a beach house! I've never been to a beach house before!! and all the wonderful things we're bringing o MY! I'm already there.

Well.... I'm going to bring my homemade guac and also Tostito bites to dip with as well as doritos. I'll make my famous bean dip....o lala its more than a bean dip ladies. I thought we'd need some protein throughout the night! and snack for all you who are already there. Hope you're invisioning this.

Lets see how bout some mocktails with those purty little decorations in them! Hurricanes and mudslides to go with bonnies chocolate.... belly on up to the bar and we'll have a few mock tails....

I will wear a housedress/pj.... multi purpose. gotta stay cool for me!

Lets see a funny story... hmmm. .....I went skiing when I was 12 with a friend up to winter park, in Colorado. We both had rented ski's and they were a like in color. I had never been skiing before however, I had read how to do all of the manuers.

I got off the lift and managed to keep standing up. I sorta bummed along till I came into this group of people purely by accident. THey called me some womans name and said O there you are we were waiting for you. (my gf had went with her ski school for lessons) I thought wat the heck I guess i'm with this group. I was to shy then to say anything back to tell them I wasn't with the group.

Apparently it was an adult ski school. I had reached my full height of 5'10" and because of all the clothing they didn't know anything. Talk about a masquerade!!

I learned how to snowplow, parallel ski a little... STOP, and keep going. It wasn't to long we were given a little slack to go down the mountain and everyone would watch. THe instructor was at the bottom of the mountain.

It was my turn. O boy I thought. I'm so happy I'm gonna do this! I started down the mountain and in my exhuberance did not realize how quickly gravity pulls you down! I was going really really fast. I couldn't turn and I was headed for disaster!

I flew into the huge HUGE pipe that is in the middle of that run up in WP. I was all topsy turvey and full of snow up to my hat. My ski's had popped off and try as I may I couldn't get them on.
THe instructor told me you have to scrape the snow off the bottom of the boot. OOOOO!! I kept trying and trying and getting near tears. Soon enough the ski instructor told me to keep trying as he was getting exhasperated with me. He told me if you can't get down the mountain skiing then Just side step down with your skis.

THat's what I ended up doing. He told me of a place to go that could give me instruction on how to put them on ....I went and low and behold there was my gf in the hut.

She couldn't get her skis to stay on. Luckily after much deducing.... the ski guy at the hut figured out that her size 7 boot was what I had somehow managed to get my size 9 book into the ski of hers and she had been popping out of my size 9 ski fitting all day.

O MY!!! lol. We got the bindings fixed and went to eat lunch. As were were going to the bathrooms Face to Face.... Who'd I run into without my ski goggles and hat on?? THE ski instructor I had received a free lesson from.

He was shocked at the looks of me! Cuz I wasn't the woman who was suppose to be in his class! You shoulda seen the look on his face.

Of course this story is much funnier told in person. When I get to the beach house I'll think of another to tell you!

lovely_lemon_tree replied to sittingbull594's response:
I will join in my ghostly presence. Savannah will come and keep everyone company (and she will be allergy-less for those who are allergic to cats -- such as myself).
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

katenewbie replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
I want to come to the beach house! I'll bring the chinese lanterns to light the deck. My sandals to walk on the hot sand & my bare feet to put in the warm sand when it cools off. I'll wear my oversized minnie mouse night shirt & would love to help with Bonnie's Mani/Pedis.

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB, what a great story! I can't believe you just went along with things and got a free ski lesson. So cool! I'll tell a short skiing story too. When I was a kid we went to Colorado to go skiing. Being from Texas we clearly had no idea what we were doing trying to ski. But being a dumb kid I was eating a box of nerds candy while going down the hill when I ran right into a tree. My brother fell over from laughing so hard. And in fact, my brother still loves to re-live this story when we are together. I guess it was pretty funny for him, not so funny for the girl who skied into a tree!

slik_kitty responded:
now that i am out of the hospital, is the party still on? i'll bring lots of stuffies. sammy and harley can come so we have more kitties to play with.

off_the_wall replied to slik_kitty's response:
Hospital? You okay kitty?

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
Hi....
glad llt is bringing her kitties and kate te is going to help with the spa treatment. Otw you and I must be a magnet for running into things!

Ya kitty can we ask what happened?? I've been worried about you and so glad to see you here!!!!!

Now we need a few others and this party will be ready to rock and roll!

slik_kitty replied to sittingbull594's response:
had diverticulitis with a perforation. thankfully i didn't require surgery. extremely painful. the urgent care guy i went to said it was probably appendicitis since the majority of the pain was on the right. after the ct scan at the hospital they found what it really was. the colon is supposed to be on the left. mine is on the right. he he he. i guess i have to be weird at everything. lol

off_the_wall replied to slik_kitty's response:
So sorry you had that happen and were in extreme pain, kitty. Hope it doesn't happen again and glad you are okay! (((kitty)))

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
Kitty

OMGosh

So sorry to hear that. WOW! what is diverticulitis??
I've heard of it but???

I'm glad you're ok. We'll have to chat soon. Are you fully recovered:?? God speed kiddo.

slik_kitty replied to sittingbull594's response:
weak spots in the colon can extend out into little sacs called diverticuli. when those sacks get inflamed and infected it becomes diverticulitis.

i'm not completely recovered. still on antibiotics. but much much better than i was.

Spotlight: Member Stories

my storys still in process and hopfully by the end it'll be a happy one to tell

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.