Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
summer catch up
bod27 posted:
Hey everyone

I hope you have all been doing ok (I haven't been on for ages or read through any of the current posts). I am busy melting after a week of high summer temps (it got to about 90F yesterday to make it the hottest day of the year so far).

We have been put on the staff list of a local cat so have been providing cuddles (and getting bits of dead mouse in return) but it is a constant battle as our lease says we aren't meant to have pets in our flat. Have given up at the moment though - there is no way I am sleeping with windows shut in this weather.

I had hoped I wouldn't put anything difficult in this post but I need to say how I am feeling to someone and I know you guys will prob get where I am coming from...

I have been struggling for over a month now with low mood, that empty pit of stomach feeling and with sh urges. My gp and I have slowly been reducing my meds but the last change was about 6 months ago so it isn't that. I thought it might be the dismal weather we have been having but given the last week and no mood change I don't think it is that either. All my self hate feelings have come back and I can't stop eating (as a form of 'comfort') but then I detest myself. I am struggling to keep myself going and am really resisting all my sh urges but feel I am just doing the same with food instead. I was so happy last year when I lost all the weight but now I just don't care. I managed to go swimming a few weeks ago but since then I can't face it. I have no enthusiasm for anything.

I have a major week of work coming up, which is playing on my mind, so maybe I will feel better when that is over with. I really hope so.

Having looked at the weather forecast it looks like we have another week of high temps to look forward to so better get some summer clothes sorted.

anyway I am going to go and sit outside as it is finally cooling down

Take care everyone

off_the_wall responded:
I hope sitting outside in the cooler evening temperatures helped make you feel a little better. I know that sometimes helps me too. I know you said the last med change was 6 months ago but if you were doing well before that and now you are not, maybe it's the reduction of medications. When is your next dr appt? Seems like something you should discuss with your dr. Hang in there! The weather can also play a role if you don't care for the heat (I am the opposite and get super depressed when it's cold). I'm glad to hear from you although I'm very sorry you are struggling. (((Hugs if okay)))

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Bod,

(((hugs))) I have a difficult time with spring and summer months. They are very triggering for me.

I hope your week goes by quickly, that your evenings are cool, too heck with anyone who disses on the furbabies...

I hope you are able to reach out for help where you live in case the feelings and urges get worse.

Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

sittingbull594 replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
hi bod,

I agree with otw and bonnie. It's tough when you start backsliding. when my meds were reduced by myself I can tell a definite difference.

I to start eating and eating to console myself.... and hating hating more and more. You're a good person. You don't have to live this way ok.

I hope you can have a conversation with your doc.

((((((((((((((((((((bod)))))))))))))))))))) if ok.

Take good care and just do the best you can for now.

bod27 replied to sittingbull594's response:
Cheers guys, I really appreciate you taking time to say hi and sharing your wise words.

I had 3 days where I was doing so much physical work that my urges got quieter (carrying heavy things up and down stairs in 90f degree heat is no fun I can tell you, especially when there was no air con) but woke up today with that empty, heavy feeling in my belly that just hasn't gone away

Hope you are all doing ok today ((((((((((to you all)))))))))

penguie replied to bod27's response:
hugs

sittingbull594 replied to penguie's response:
often when you have depression the mornings are really dull and hard and it gets better as the day progresses.

I don't know when you wrote this I do hope you keep working toward the 3 better days. I know I have it too and I t really sucks. I have an incredible time of getting going in the morning so I just wait till later in the day to start work except for answering the phones in which i'm just not to all that

would that help you. setting a goal from when you have to start to activate?? today my goal in 10 a.m. in 10 mins.

i'm going to take a much needed shower. kudos to you friend.

huggers sb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a self mutilator for the last seven years of my life, and I need to get myself together before I go off to college for the first time in...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.