Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Hello lovely ladies...possible trigger...
besmith75 posted:
I had a whole post typed out...and my computer decided to do an update. I lost the whole post...so here's my second go at it.

I haven't been around for awhile...and I hope all of you lovely ladies are doing well.

Here's my whining for the day:
In April...my two boys and I moved in with my bf of 2 years. He and I have known each other since we were 16 (I was the first girl he ever kissed back in the high school days) but lost touch for about 15 years. Anyway...we moved from a cramped 2 bedroom apartment where I shared the master bedroom with my 9 year old son into a 3 bedroom house. We have space...we have a yard (for my 3 dogs...I seem to have an addiction to adopting cute little buggers from the shelter)...we are not on top of each other all of the time. That aspect has been nice. My bf has never had a serious gf and never lived with anyone who wasn't a direct family member. Needless to say...he's still trying to adjust. It doesn't help that my oldest son leaves for Army basic training on the 29th (I had him young...and the kid has been my rock so many times)...and my youngest son has just been diagnosed with childhood bipolar disorder (they initially put him on ADHD meds although 3 professionals told me he didn't have ADHD...including his therapist) ...I switched dr's and he diagnosed him with bipolar disorder...which makes much more sense.). The ADHD meds they put him on were a nightmare. He wouldn't eat...wouldn't sleep...and started seeing things (minor hallucinations). I took him off of those meds immediately. He's now on Prozac (as of this morning). I am EXTREMELY nervous and afraid for the little guy. I can't imagine how he must feel on a daily basis. It's tearing me up inside just trying to find him the help he needs. My bf is having a hard time with this because he is at a loss. Well...my bf is the only one who knows about my SH. I haven't SH'd since we moved in here...but over the weekend (when the kids weren't here) it was so hot I decided to wear shorts to bed. I have many scars on my upper legs (my place of choice because it's easy to hide) and won't wear shorts around anyone else. Anyway...he actually looked at my legs to see if there were any new marks. It almost made me want to SH. I'm already on the cusp of a relapse...him drawing attention to the existing marks only added to the desire to cut. I want to SH soooooo badly right now. I'm fighting the desire every single second. I still have everything I need to SH...and it would be so easy to do. I can't stop thinking about it...or picturing it. It's making me crazy. Why do I always end up back in the dark place?

Well...there's my rant. Thank you for listening (reading?). I just needed to vent to somebody (somebodies) who might understand. In my experience...you are all so wonderful...beautiful...and insightful. There have been many times when I needed this board just to keep myself from SH'ing. So...thank you all.

B75

off_the_wall responded:
Sorry you had to type all of that twice! I know how frustrating that can be. I also know how triggering things can feel, especially someone drawing attention to the scars. I don't have any advice tonight but I just wanted to let you know that I read what you wrote and to offer understanding because I feel the same way right now. Sorry, I wish I knew more what to say tonight but I don't.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
B75!!! Good to see you again! Gosh sounds like a lot on your plate - emotionally speaking. Its normal to get urges to SI when you are getting bombarded with emotions, that stuff can really get feeling overwhelming quickly.

I know when I get overwhelmed juggling all the multiple people in my house and me too. Sounds like you need a mental health day for you. Have older son watch younger and go to a movie, shopping, a walk a park, your favorite diner, museum, play etc. Do something where your mind is not on everything else.

When you are juggling that much with no breaks you get overwhelmed. Recharging batteries will help the urges.

You say: Why do I always end up back in the dark place?[br>
cause it sound like you are in a sunny spot right now and its unnerving you a bit. Positive things in your life can do that. (new ling arrangements/new place)

I would make your main focus on dealing with all the stuff that is getting stirred up my older boy leaving - get though that first then focus on other stuff.

peace be the journey

Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

sittingbull594 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
hi b75

that sounds like a mega dose of vitamin b complex. hmmm

maybe that's what we all need?? doig!

I agree with paja about working on the issues around your older boy leaving. Break that down into small steps and pieces and it might help.

((((((((((((((((((God Speed B75)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 23 years old. I still live at home with both of my parents, a younger brother, and 3 cats. I have been dating my boyfriend for a little over 3 an...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.