Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Insomnia
CJ_Smythe posted:
Infuriating
Nemesis
Seriously
Outrageously
Maddening
Night-time
Intrusive
Attitude

Friend of mine sent me that. I'm well into hour 40 (Yes, FORTY) of no sleep. And I'm wide-a-frakkin-wake!!! Time for a zolpidem and lorazepam cocktail!! >__< **hopes she can sleep**
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Nightmares are keeping me awake as is pain and respiratory issues...

After 3 days of no sleep, I tend to hallucinate and it is rather comical. Have you ever watched raccoons in top hats and cocktail coats dance across the road? Seen an all purple cow? People turning into Chickens on a college campus and dancing and singing?

Sleep deprivation isn't all that bad when funnies keep me laughing... lol.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

tnmist replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Oh, my!! I hope you both get some sleep and rest soon! ((gentle hugs)) if okay.
Misty

CJ_Smythe replied to tnmist's response:
I did get some sleep last night, after adding 5 of zolpedem and 0.5 of lorazepam to my night meds. Slept like a rock.

Bonnie~
I've had the insomnia sights. Both kinds. The funny ones that have made me laugh so hard I nearly wet myself, and the spooky ones that made me afraid to sleep, but afraid to be awake as well. I much prefer the dancing animals and flying underpants!! LoL
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
Thank you Misty.
Gra'

Bonnie

mandybutterflykiss replied to CJ_Smythe's response:
CJ,

OMG... I'm LOL... flying underpants.... he, he, he, he...
Gra'

Bonnie

CJ_Smythe replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Oh, yeah. With wings and everything. I happened to have been folding laundry before I drifted off to sleep. When I did finally get to sleep, the flying underpants continued through my dreams. In my dreams, there was every kind of underwear. Men's, Ladies', Boy's, Girls', boxers, briefs, etc, etc. I woke up with my underwear littering my room. Apparently, I had been tossing my undies in the air to see them fly. LoL

tnmist replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Since there is already a post here titled "insomnia," and it is about 3:45 a.m., I thought I would write a few lines. I do sleep - in the daytime I sleep pretty well. I can sleep at night (usually with a little help), usually a couple hours or up to 4 at a time. Part of my problem is that I don't WANT to go to bed. I've been thinking about this issue, and what I have decided is that I don't want to go to bed because I can't be vigilant when I'm sleeping, obviously.

I don't like not knowing what is going on around me, and I feel so vulnerable in a bed with eyes closed. Can anyone relate to those feelings? The weird thing is that when I do have to sleep I don't like lights or night lights on either because they keep me awake. That seems contradictory to me - I don't want to sleep, but when I do have to sleep I prefer near-total darkness (I don't mind moonlight).

Sigh. Anyway...just throwing that out there...I do have to try to get to bed now, though.

Thank you for listening.
Misty

rugger1369 replied to tnmist's response:
rest easy my friends!

mandybutterflykiss replied to rugger1369's response:
Thank you Rugger.

I know I shall try..

Hugs,
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well um where do I start. I am a 14 year old girl. I have Bipolar Disorder, OCD, Gluten Intolerance, Severe Anxiety and Depression, and an awful famil...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.