Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Made the call!
rugger1369 posted:
Phew...just wanted to say I finally made the call to try therapy. That feels good and I wanted to share with this group. You are so very dear to me and have been a tremendous help in more ways then I can express.

from the excellent advice, the shared stories, uplifting words and kindness to a sense of friendship. THANK YOU SHC!

much love and fulljoy

mandybutterflykiss responded:
((((((Rugger)))))

So glad to hear you made the call! You, too, are a vital part of our FAMILY and are wonderful. Well, I only speak for myself, but am certain others feel this way also.

Be well.
Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

katenewbie replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Yay!! Rugger I'm so happy you are getting a therapist. They aren't the end all of your problems, but they can help. I hope you get someone you can trust & that you enjoy speaking with.

Kate_Te

rugger1369 replied to katenewbie's response:
thanks ladies! it has taken a loooong time to do...my first session is this saturday! Im looking forward to the learning and healing process.

with love and fulljoy

rugger1369 replied to rugger1369's response:
Update for those lurking safely...I have been going every two weeks and I've made some good progress. It's nice to just talk it out. Still difficult at times, but I bring the journal I keep to help explain. I tend to disassociate from when I fall off the band wagon and have a tough time remembering the cause/effect immediately surrounding it. The triggers become overwhelming and i can't recall what I was really thinking right before and I kind of come out of it with scars...

This may sound a lil odd, but it has helped me so far (3 months Sh free!) but my therapist suggested...TRIGGER_Y...that I put tape around my blades. I generally keep to a few I have and one time I forgot, went to use it and because of the layers of electric tape, I decided it wasnt worth the work lol and focused on breathing.

just one little thing i thought i would share.
with love and fulljoy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Roses whisper "good night" 'Neath silv'ry light, Asleep in the dew They hide from our view; When the dawn peepeth thro' God...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.