Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
hi everyone
sittingbull594 posted:
wanted to tell everyone here and lurking that My gratitude for the day is :i

YOU!

I know many are struggling with very difficult issues right now and i'm so glad to hear of the ones of you who are in therapy.
It's a whole life journey isn't it?! I know i'm not thrilled that i'm not farther along in my journey then I feel I should be but once again I know that I have to do a lot of hard work to get where I want to be.
I've started that journey and have made some progress and even tho it took so much courage I will have to go thru this many more times before I begin to heal... from my past. to go forward......

May God Bless you and walk before you in your journey.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
God speed to you as well...
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

tnmist replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
And to you, Bonnie and SB - You are the apple(s) of His eyes...

I've been in therapy many, many years (taking breaks here and there along the way but even staying in contact and doing phone sessions when I lived out of state). I'm just now getting an inkling as to why it is taking so long to BEGIN healing...I am very blessed with a T who continues to encourage me and never gets tired of telling me that he believes me....I am believed. Three incredible words: "I believe you." I think that has been one of the most healing things someone can tell another person - I believe you.

Validation.
Self-worth.
Knowing you matter.
Knowing you are worth the fight, even if it is the rest of your life.
Soooo many tapes in our minds to replace with the truth. Is it any wonder therapy takes years? Brainwashing is not easy to undo.

I'm sorry. I'm rambling again..I better force myself to go to bed. I have an early morning.

Be safe, everyone.
Misty

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
Thank you Misty.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

sittingbull594 replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Thanks Misty and Bonnie! Have a good day.

rugger1369 replied to sittingbull594's response:
Hi! in the shadows...thanks misty for the list you shared, it's positive and powerful.

SB - I echo your statement in being grateful for YOU!

with love

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.