Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Yelp
lovely_lemon_tree posted:
It must be time for a full moon (is it?)

(unsafe)
(threatened)
(anxious)
(betrayed)
(disturbed)
(angry)
(frightened)

And all this is upsetting me to the point where I'm wondering if I have touch of irritable bowels. That's great fun.

And I don't say anything about it to anyone because that's not "me," it's not "good ol' dependable R," who shows up like "clockwork" who, if she does not keep her routine or schedule or obligations, everyone knows that something is wrong, who, if she does not call right on time, gets a text from her parents exactly five minutes past the hour saying "are you okay??"

Bloody hell.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

tnmist responded:
(((LLT)))
Misty

off_the_wall responded:
Can you tell your parents, "Look, I'm an adult and sometimes I get busy so I'm not going to call you at a given time anymore but rather I will call when I have a chance" ? Obviously they just act that way out of concern for you but they seem way too overbearing. I'm very sorry and very sorry for your other feelings as well. ((((LLT))))

CJ_Smythe responded:
Hey Lovely_Lemon_Tree~
What you're saying could easily go for me too. I'm 31, and if I don't touch base with my mum after a certain amount of time, she freaks out and starts calling/texting me. And heaven forbid I decide to go out somewhere without telling her where I'm headed. She'll call the police and send them out to look for me! *sigh*
I like what OTW said. Perhaps, you and I both can drill this into our respective parents' heads. We are all growed up now, and don't need to be hovered over. Well, we can dream anyway! (*(*(*( LLT )*)*)*) <~~ if okay
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to CJ_Smythe's response:
CJ,

I get the police called for me too. If I'm not around and things are also slightly out of place (because, knowing me, predictable, dependable, OBSESSIVE R) I get the crime scene unit to inspect things as well. One time I was at the hospital and happened to have flea powder on the floor -- I had filthy neighbors and the fleas had migrated through the carpet -- and the crime scene unit took samples of the flea powder to investigate what it was... they suspected it was drugs because it was white powder strewn all over the blue carpet.

That's also great fun.

I have no boundaries.

I suppose I should just get it through my thick skull that people are not dependable. I supposedly have a DLS worker -- daily living support, an in-home supportive worker -- who has not shown up for her shifts for a week now. Big surprise. I have tried to make friends at IOP (intensive outpatient program) that I've been at but over the years I've learned that there are friends and there are hospital friends... and the vast majority of the friends I've made in the program are falling into the "hospital friends" category... meaning that they're all well and good while you're in the program and you may be quite close and exchange phone numbers and whatnot. Then you're discharged and you go your own ways.
Friday was Savannah's birthday and I used it as an excuse to host a "party" and asked some people to come over and get together. Would you believe only one person showed up? It was a blunt way to learn an unpleasant lesson.
Not to mention there is a lot of garbage going on in other places on this website... I'm frightened and I miss Caprice. I am angry that WebMD got rid of moderators. She would have done a LOT of good.

And still, when someone needs something in my "real" life, who do they turn to? Me. There's always me, good ol' dependable me, always there, always willing to lend a hand, or do a favor, or give a ride or whatever.

like clockwork.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

CJ_Smythe replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
One time I was at the hospital and happened to have flea powder on the floor -- I had filthy neighbors and the fleas had migrated through the carpet -- and the crime scene unit took samples of the flea powder to investigate what it was... they suspected it was drugs because it was white powder strewn all over the blue carpet. That's also great fun. LoL ... I bet the police felt stupid when it turned out to be just plain ol' flea powder! I suppose I should just get it through my thick skull that people are not dependable. I supposedly have a DLS worker -- daily living support, an in-home supportive worker -- who has not shown up for her shifts for a week now. If I was in your place, and my DLS worker hadn't shown up for a week, I'd call her boss and report her. She's not doing her job, and therefore should not be getting paid for it. IMHO, she should be fired. She's not showing up, she shouldn't keep her job! Big surprise. I have tried to make friends at IOP (intensive outpatient program) that I've been at but over the years I've learned that there are friends and there are hospital friends... and the vast majority of the friends I've made in the program are falling into the "hospital friends" category... meaning that they're all well and good while you're in the program and you may be quite close and exchange phone numbers and whatnot. Then you're discharged and you go your own ways. I know that feeling all too well. I made some pretty cool friends in IOP, but I never hear from them. I see a post here and there on FB, but that's about it. It bites. Friday was Savannah's birthday and I used it as an excuse to host a "party" and asked some people to come over and get together. Would you believe only one person showed up? It was a blunt way to learn an unpleasant lesson. I'm sorry that people are so rude to you. Sometimes I think the world could use a good ol' fashioned "Gibbs Slap" (from the character Leroy Jethro Gibbs on "NCIS") on the back of the head. Knock some sense into people. LoL Not to mention there is a lot of garbage going on in other places on this website... I'm frightened and I miss Caprice. I am angry that WebMD got rid of moderators. She would have done a LOT of good. I didn't know any of the mods, but I agree that it was a dumb idea to do away with mods. Its like doing away with the police. Even though this community is likely a fairly "low-crime" area, its necessary to have it patrolled to make sure things don't get out of hand. And still, when someone needs something in my "real" life, who do they turn to? Me. There's always me, good ol' dependable me, always there, always willing to lend a hand, or do a favor, or give a ride or whatever. like clockwork. I do that too. I give and give and give to others, with little to nothing in return. Its not that I mind giving of myself, I just need a little reciprocation now and then, ya know? Hope things start looking up for you soon.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
LLT,

Like the waxing and waning of Luna, the moon, our tides in life will ebb and flow for Luna's Sister, the Earth, has waters that can destroy but these waters are also gentle enough to soothe and protect... wrapped in her womb, safe... let her rock you, hold you, as Luna above, keeps watch...

Blessings to you LLT.
Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

katenewbie replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
LLT -
I would like to throw a party for Savanagh's birthday if that's okay.
I'll start a post.
Kate_Te

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.