Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Attacked in all directions
off_the_wall posted:
That's how I feel today. I don't complain to family about my lack of sleep but they feel the need to constantly tell me what they think I need to do about it. And it's not told in a helpful/kind way. Today I even got really long message from my mom's friend. I wrote her back letting her know that I don't agree with her. Just leave me alone! And then the opposite of wanting to be left alone, I keep seeing all these pics of some kids we know (my oldest daughter's age) getting together for play dates and I cry because we aren't invited. I have social anxiety and might not end up going but not being invited hurts too. I am lonely. Sleepy and lonely.

dem51 responded:
really hope things will be able to get better for you soon, i do understand the socializing issue, you are not alone there, i just wanted to let you know you were heard and you are npt alone

rugger1369 replied to dem51's response:
I agree with dem and hope it gets easier for you soon...I can relate with the "not being invited"...because of my work schedule people assume I won't join them, it hurts to not be included in the fun. it's nice to be thought of, and know we are thinking of you OTW. You are def not alone darlin (HUGS)
with love and fulljoy

tnmist replied to rugger1369's response:
Rugger, I can relate, too, and for the same reason. I work more of a second shift and part of every weekend to boot. I feel left out when I don't even KNOW about an event. I agree; it would still be nice to be thought of...and if it's a birthday or baby shower or something, I can still get a gift to the person.

I try not to let it hurt my feelings, and I've been told I'm "too sensitive," but a good friend of mine with a similar background pointed out that being told I'm "too sensitive" is being abusive to me...Hadn't really thought of it that way before.
Misty

off_the_wall responded:
Thank yall for understanding. I hate being so lonely and I also know my girls need to be around other kids sometimes too. My oldest is going to start preschool 2 days a week in September so I'm hoping that will be good for her and maybe I can meet some people too (though it's doubtful....) I've always been very introverted and have always felt left out of everything. I just don't want my daughters to be left out of everything because of me. I feel a lot of blame and the need to SH but I'm trying my best not to.

tnmist replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW, I've never had children (just the 4-footed kind), but that does sound like a dilemma, wanting to keep your kids socialized but being an introvert yourself. You sound like a great mom to put yourself in uncomfortable situations in order to give them opportunities. Not every mom would bother, I don't think.

Maybe there is some sort of small type of group to start off with to make it easier for you and the kids? I really don't know what's out there...that sort of thing is not really on my radar, but even just taking them to the library during a story-telling time or something might be fun.

Please be safe. Kudos for thinking of healthier alternatives to SH.

-Misty
Misty

off_the_wall replied to tnmist's response:
We have been attending library story time most every week for about 1 1/2 years now and we have yet to meet anyone. Other moms talk but I don't know how to approach anyone to have a conversation. Occasionally someone will ask how old my girls are and then I'll ask how old her's are but then that's it. I hate being this way but I am just so scared to talk to others.

tnmist replied to off_the_wall's response:
(((OTW)))
Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.