Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
God
off_the_wall posted:
Why? Can't the baby sleep more than 20 minutes?! Mama needs a *&%*$&#* break. I can't take it. And I'm dropping my last friend because she isn't much of a friend anyway. Thanks for nothing.

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
Just wanted to let you know that I was out here "listening" -- which is actually reading...

What's with your friend?
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
I taught for 6 years but have only kept in touch with one lady who was my teaching teammate the last 2 years that I taught. Mostly our friendship has just been through e-mail since I left teaching. She is always writing me these long e-mails sharing all kind of personal problems and such. I always respond in an empathetic way and truly care about the things she goes through. I'm not one to often share anything personal with people I know but when I do write anything (like sharing about my baby's sleeping problems or the antibiotic resistant staph infection that my oldest just dealt with), when she responds she doesn't even acknowledge what I wrote. It's like she just ignores my problems or something. I also feel like we have very little in common anymore---- I don't teach and she doesn't have kids. I decided awhile back that I was just going to let this friendship go, like I have with every other friendship I've ever had.... But then she wrote me last week and said she really wanted to come by the house to see the girls and I before school started. I haven't had anyone over to the house in forever so immediately my social anxiety kicked in but at the same time I was looking forward to it. Cleaned the house from top to bottom (not an easy thing to do with two little ones, the youngest who cries her eyes out the second I set her down), went to the store and got some food to offer her, and got her a little "back to school" present. Then this morning I got ready, got my girls ready, got everything ready..... Was expecting her at 10:30.... at 10:00 I got a text message saying, "The weather is so icky. It stops raining for 2 seconds and then starts again. I think I'll have to reschedule". Ugh, whatever..... Who needs friends anyway?

Thank you for listening LLT. I don't know if it's the lack of sleep or the depression but I just feel in such a hole right now and I'm not sure how to pull myself out of it.

slik_kitty replied to off_the_wall's response:
hugs

sittingbull594 replied to slik_kitty's response:
It may seem your friend is all about herself? I'm not sure but I do know that it hurts you and I don't blame you.

It's really a difficult situation that is for sure. She may not know what kind of arse breaking situation you went to for her to come over.

All I can ever say is my experience. I learned to talk to people about how I feel. Tell them geez that really hurt my feelings because.................

I'm sorry you're hurting. My prayer for you is to get some rest and most def feel better.
Man o man that's sure scary with what happened with P. Is she alright now?

Take it one small step at a time if you can.

Huggers.

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
Yeah it might help if I told her that the things she's done has hurt my feelings but I can't..... Really, like I said, I think our lives have changed a lot and we really don't have much in common anymore. I guess I'm just sad because I don't have other friends. P starts preschool in a couple of weeks and I'm really hopefully that we can make some friends through that. She will only be going on Tue/Thurs for 3 hours and the preschool is available 5 days a week so what if the other kids all go 5 days a week and are all friends and no one takes the time to get to know my little girl? I hope that won't be the case. I really hope she loves school and isn't too upset when I have to leave her....

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
Oh, and thank you for asking about P. I can't remember if I told you anything about it but she has tubes in her ears and the tubes allowed staph to get into her middle ear. We treated her with 1 antibiotic for a week but her ear infection got way worse (the entire side of her face was red and swollen) so the doctor added a second antibiotic to be used. A week later she STILL had a major infection (I'm talking her ear smelled like something died in it and was oozing all kinds of yuck). The doctor tested it and it came back positive for MRSA so the decision was made to use a medication that is labeled "Toxic to the ear" and has a possible side effect of causing deafness. But the doctor said in our situation the benefit of the medication outweighs the risk. So now over 3 weeks later her ear infection is finally gone and as far as we know she still has hearing in her ear (a little hard to tell with a 2 year old but she seems fine).

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
awww how exciting for P to be going to preschool. That's where they do learn socialization and it's so important for their development. She might cry but you'll be strong for her I know and she'll be just fine.

One of mine cried I think my son but he's fine.

O man i'm so sorry to hear of the MRSA. that's awful! I'm so glad she's doing ok now. poor baby and mommie too. damn that is so scary when our kids get sick. O man o man seems tho that you weathered the storm.

With all the stress you've had lately no wonder you and E aren't sleeping. That's a big deal. I've been not sleeping but a few hours a night (that's more than you no doubt) and I just couldn't do more work today so I closed the office for the weekend!) I had wacko's calling this morning. Man o man I hope I we all have a good weekend. Mine has started really good! SO EXCITED!!

slik_kitty replied to off_the_wall's response:
when i first took my son to daycare he cried when i left him, but he adjusted. then he started crying every time i picked him up. talk about making a mom feel bad. lol

off_the_wall replied to slik_kitty's response:
She has never been in the care of anyone but her daddy and I. Not for even 5 minutes. So I am certainly concerned about leaving her. Although I have a feeling I might cry more than she does (after I drop her off, of course). I want her to love school, I want this to be a positive thing for her, but there's also a part of me that wants to keep her home with me and doesn't want to let go of my baby. I keep reminding myself that it's only 6 hours a week but even 6 hours seems like a lot....

lovely_lemon_tree replied to off_the_wall's response:
Well, she's only ... what, 3 now? That's still pretty young. I remember never being out of the care of my parents until I went to school at age 4. And I cried desperately at being left then too.

We all progress in our own time.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Yes, she will be 3 in October. Because she's never around other kids, besides her sister, I wanted her to start school this year to get a little socialization. I want her to have much better social skills than I have, that's for sure! Her teacher is coming to our house to meet her this Wednesday and then she starts school the following week. I'm nervous about it but hopeful that it will be a good thing for both of us.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, and Agoraphobia. I have a friend who suffers from Depression,...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.