Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

    Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

    How and Why to Report a Post
    confession(TRIGGER WARNING)
    An_253028 posted:
    space -----------------------------------------space ---------------------------------------space ------------------------------------space ----------------------------------------
    i really wanna cut off my pinky to punish myself. thats a hole new level of injuring for me. but the pain is so great that is all i think off. i failed to protect my daughter and i must be punished. every other type of injury just isn't enough. i need to go big. scared once this door is open, i will never get it closed again.
    katenewbie responded:
    Do you have a therapist, a hotline or a friend that you can call & speak with about this. Before taking the drastic step, how about reaching out to see if someone can help both you & your daughter.
    You have already reached out here. Great. Now call a hotline (they are listed on the left side of the page here(crisis assistance)). Or call your local hospital. Getting a "tune up" where your meds can be adjusted or provided to you & a reminder of healthier coping skills may be all you need.
    Please reach out for help before it's too late.

    Hugs if acceptable.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I live in the UK and have been around the boards for a few years now - how time flies!! Everyone has always been so supportive here. I get great comfo...More

    Helpful Tips

    For when you can't find the words
    Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    33 of 35 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.