Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Returning to the board…. (possible triggers)
Sandy1986 posted:

It is hard to believe I haven't posted since September of 2008. Even more surprising I have not done any SH since then even though I wanted to off and on.
    I have a question for anyone who is using the board now. I recently found out one of my friends cuts too. I let her know I have been through dealing with SH for a while and offered her my support.
    The part I am baffled by is that she told me she cuts because it gives her a high. I don't understand because I have always SHed to feel normal. Do any of you get a high from it? She has a therapist and takes meds so at least I know I am not her only support with this.
    Thanks
    Sandy

slik_kitty responded:
    welcome back! it can give that feeling. that is often why some people do it.

so glad you have been sh free for that long. that is an amazing accomplishment. yay!

Sandy1986 replied to slik_kitty's response:
    Thanks. I can really use the encouragement some days it is still hard to not revert into the old behaviors.

It is good to 'see' a familiar face.

Sandy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was brought here by fate. I truly believe that. I am a young woman with alot of heart. I am disabled and am having trouble dealing with that. Other ...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
    Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
    Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.