Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Miss You All.
mandybutterflykiss posted:
I left the boards for awhile as I needed to do what was best for my own wellness. The boards at that time felt like a battleground.

As I check in this day and see the posts, a great sadness fills me. What ever happened to our wonderful family of Butterflies? We were such a loving and supportive family. This used to be a safe space for our family to come together and share our joys and sorrows, pains and accomplishments, and see each other through our most difficult moments.

When I first came to this board, life was not an option I would have considered. Because of you all, I am able to sit here today and type this. You all gave me a reason to fight to live.

Then a dark shadow fell over the boards when our Moderators were taken away. It seemed when discussions about how individuals felt affected by this began, the darkness grew and created a rift that divided this family of ours.

What about coming together to brainstorm new guidelines for our boards so as to take them back? Example: When posting... I feel, I think, and then because some people only need to vent, others seek advice, etc... Ask for what we need.

My post:

States: What's on my mind (thoughts of our butterfly family)
What I am feeling (sadness)
What I need whether to feel better, gain better insight, etc.

If uncertain as to what a person posts. Why not repeat what is heard or ask that individual as to assume things can create hurt feelings?

I LOVE all of you and miss you all horribly. I want our family back.

Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

Take the Poll

Shall we fight to take back our boards and family of Butterflies or let go entirely?
  • Any unresolved hurts that need to be heard and addressed?
  • Anyone else seek to brainstorm on how to take our boards back?
  • What are your visions of what our boards should be?
  • Should our boards be?
  • Should we just move on?
vote
View Poll Results

tnmist responded:
So happy to hear from you! What a very thoughtful post. I think anything is worth a try. I am a bit skeptical, though, because I don't feel like everyone will honor the guidelines and respect one another.

I have been trying to think of a solution, too. I encourage you to post a similar thread on another board. I don't talk about other boards, so if I see you over there, I will say more.

Personally, right now I have a broken arm and am pecking messages with one hand the best I can. That is one reason I am not around as much.
Misty

dem53 replied to tnmist's response:
If people can just listen to each other and stop judging each other with the same ways that society has done it could work like the old days, but there are people that just cant do that, they should just try understand that when a person speaks thier feelings it is not meant to hurt anyone or attack. but as along as there is no willingness to understand each other and stop the labels like troll/ this will never , i know that i cane here not attacking anyone and i was ripped apart, the only thing that good came out if this was finding my sister

tnmist responded:
Mandy and to everyone,

This community used to be a soft place to land. It is no longer a helpful place for me to come in my journey of healing as most posts just deepen my depression and feelings of uselessness.

With a heavy heart I will say good-bye. Thank you to those who have been an encouragement to me. Take care.
Misty

rugger1369 replied to tnmist's response:
So sad to hear of the board going through this. I have been away for awhile but I got a webMD email update and saw this post! I'll have to find some time to read what others are feeling but it breaks me heart to see this at the surface.

I could always lean on the group hear and it everyone was always so sweet and supportive. I'll be thinking of you all today.

with love
with love and fulljoy

mandybutterflykiss replied to rugger1369's response:
Misty,
What happened dear soul? 20 hours ago you were willing to try to brainstorm... Then 9 hours ago, decided to say goodbye? This saddens me.

Dem,
First, Thank you for sharing how you are feeling and what you are thinking. I would like to take what you have written and utilize it for brainstorming idea's.

Rugger,
So glad dear friend you are still in the shadows.

Please folks... lets give this a try. Please?
Gra'

Bonnie

tnmist replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
I thought I could be strong, but all this mud-slinging just makes me cry. I guess I am a flake. I just want everyone to be nice or at least courteous to one another, and I just don't think everyone can do that.

All I want is a safe environment for support and to be supportive. I thought all this was over. Now it is bad again. It depresses me too much. I am sorry, Mandy. I hope you and others can turn things around. I sign out with a heavy, heavy heart and tears.
Misty

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
Misty,

I'm sorry. I wish I could reach thru this darn computer and hug you and all others here.

I was hoping when I popped in recently that things would have changed. It breaks my heart to see otherwise.

Maybe you are all right and the time has come to leave webmd permanently.

If anyone wishes to stay in touch, I'll send you my info.

I love you all.
Gra'
Bonnie
Gra'

Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was brought here by fate. I truly believe that. I am a young woman with alot of heart. I am disabled and am having trouble dealing with that. Other ...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.