Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
trigger. it only hurts me - i don t tell
nightflier80 posted:
It has been a while since I SH, I have thought about it more often. Why do I care as long as I am safe and it relieves my anxiety.
in a hundred years who is going to care anyways.
I am careful, because I love my family, but there are times I can not fight the need to.
The answer I know is in my brain, but my brain is a dark place to try to find the 'solution'

tnmist responded:
((Gentle hugs, if okay))
Misty

rugger1369 replied to tnmist's response:
maybe starting to tell and talk about it will bring light into the dark. and sharing here has been a brave start!
with love and fulljoy

nightflier80 replied to tnmist's response:
Thank you

nightflier80 replied to rugger1369's response:
Thanks as no you, I just don't know if I want to leave the darkness....the grass is not always greener on the other side. I'd rather disappear, but it would kill my mother to know where I as m. I would talk more to her but she has been through more abuse at the hands of Theodore d. Walker Mims, florida and she is obviously stronger than I...I can't dump anymore misery in her life.I would still be here if she were not. Love is strong between a mother and her children.
I am just weak an I hate myself for that.

rugger1369 replied to nightflier80's response:
is sharing here or in a journal a relief? I only recently started therapy, and it took awhile, but it helps. it gives me a set time and place that i can relay w/e is bothering/triggering me. I keep a journal cuz it is tough for me to recall what set me off.

and are there any other close souls in your life? i finally told a dear friend of 15 years this past summer b/c her life is crazy and I didnt want to be a burden. she was so open and loving. granted she was worried and a lil upset that i kept it from her, but understanding. people can surprise you.
with love and fulljoy

nightflier replied to rugger1369's response:
Thank you Rugger, apologize I did not respond sooner. I was having problems with a hacker posting things under my name-mean things. I notified the forum and stayed away for a while. Again thank you. I have not yet told anyone, and continued sporadically....I fear writing a journal (and I have several) that someone will find it and read it. I hope you are doing well and are taking care of yourself.

(((Hugggs))))

Spotlight: Member Stories

oh let's see here...born July 15th '84. I have Bipolar Disorder, Severe Anxiety Disorder, OCD tendencies (that's how my doc put it), possi...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.