Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TriggerAngryTriggerAngryTrigger
preciouslittleone posted:
Triggggggggggger

I am finding myself so angry lately. My living situation is not ideal. I live with my mom, brother, my 9 year old niece, my 4 year old special needs nephew, boyfriend and my 10 month old daughter. I do most everything around here. I help my brother raise his kids, I do a lot of the housework and cooking. And I feel taken advantage of.

My mom always notes how I "try" to keep a good house, insinuating that I fail. My brother doesn't help out at all (aside from minimal parenting jobs required of him for his son). There is a lot of yelling around here (not an environment I want my child to grow up in). And it effects my relationship, SO and I are both so stressed being here and it causes us to fight more.

Today I picked my daughter up in the hallway and her sleeve was wet. She reeked of pee, because my brother doesn't know how to flush a toilet or shut a freaking door. So I had to give her a quick bath. Then she was out in the living room again and he brings her into the dark hallway and just sets her down and shuts the door. That's the equivalent of me putting his son in a bathroom with no lightbulbs (since he knows how to turn on a light). NOT OKAY.

So here I am angry beyond measure. I see the measuring tape from my sewing kit. I dug the metal end hard into my leg and gave myself two good scratches that are now deep welts. I haven't done anything like this in at least a year.

I don't know how much more I can take of living here. We have no money SO's last check was $200 for 2 weeks of work, usually its closer to $400-500. Hopefully I start a job Feb 28th so that will help with money. As soon as we get our tax money back we are trying for a new place because I just cannot take living here anymore.

slik_kitty responded:
good luck. i hope you can move out soon.

rugger1369 responded:
Join me if you feel comfortable to:

*raises both arms above my head and takes a deep breath in*
*Lowers arms and lets it out*
*repeat (since I know it seems silly!)*
*one more time*

You should be very proud for keeping your cool for so long. And for doing the very best you could do in a situation that seems far from ideal.

Are there any odd job you or your bf can pick up in the area? I found a one night a week babysitting job that helped me immensely.

Make sure you clean your injury. Infection should def be avoided and you deserve to take care of yourself too!

Keep your chin up and I wish you all the best in finding a new place to live. I know how stressful that can be. You are strong and you will get through this! ((HUGS...if ok))
with love and fulljoy

preciouslittleone responded:
Thank you ladies. I was going to pick up a full time babysitting job but I'd rather do that call center work, less hours for more money and it gets me out of the house. I am really just hoping that our taxes are enough to get us into our own place, I feel like if that happens everything else will fall into place.

frombeneathyouitdevours responded:
Hi,i wish you can solve it all and be happy with the ones that u love, your new family, wish u the best.

PD. I'm going through something similar

frombeneathyouitdevours replied to frombeneathyouitdevours's response:
hi, i just found a picture i wanted to share with u, well bye
i'll fix it .. i have to

frombeneathyouitdevours replied to frombeneathyouitdevours's response:
http://www.shutterstock.com/es/pic-86306119/stock-photo-hands.html?src=YM2wsxWfDhoCvJd2AlGNHA-39-41
i'll fix it .. i have to

preciouslittleone replied to frombeneathyouitdevours's response:
I really love this thank you for sharing with me. We are definitely looking into getting our own place. We looked at an apartment and we really like it, its big inside and close to a lot of things and near where we currently live.

I'm still waiting for an interview with this call center I want to work for. Also have a job interview at a new Ross opening in town, but I wouldn't make enough money for us to live off of. SO has an option to switch departments where he'll be making $3 more an hour, so he is thinking that in March he's going to try to switch departments.

frombeneathyouitdevours replied to preciouslittleone's response:
I'm glad you like the picture , for most people it would be just a cute picture, but for you is the 3 of you, just a reminder of what really matters.

Wish you the best ,that everything goes the way you need it to go,

Your precious little one needs you
i'll fix it .. i have to

preciouslittleone responded:
Well the first company finally emailed me informed me that the positions are all filled. And I don't think the Ross interview went well because I'm not willing to work Sundays. But I will find something that works for me and my family. I'm hoping my brother gets a job and then I can just watch his kids and stay home with my LO.

slik_kitty replied to preciouslittleone's response:
keep trying. don't give up. you'll find something.

Hello, i really wish the best for you and your beloved ones, and i'm sure you are the one who really knows what's the best for you and your family, so i just gonna share my case, for a while (some years) i stayed home helping, so not worthy, i mean i don't totally regret it, it's just that i forgot completely about me, i was just there doing all the chores helping 24*7 but ,what about me?,i'm building my own life now, now i feel happy,i'm living. So i'm just saying if staying home it's what fits for you and makes you happy ,i applaud your strenght, but if you decided to go out a take (or create) a job, believe in yourself , i know family and the ones you love it's what really matters, just please don't forget about you, your dreams your goals , well just wanted to share that, i apologize if i sounded rude, i didnt mean it like that.

Take care and keep on trying.
i'll fix it .. i have to

preciouslittleone replied to frombeneathyouitdevours's response:
I would rather stay home and take care of my daughter and the house (especially when we get our own place) but I don't think we can afford it so I am looking for part time work to help take some of the burden off my SO's shoulders.

You didn't sound rude at all and I appreciate everything you said. We all have different ideals and desires when it comes to our families. I think working part time would be good for me and good for my daughter, it will give us a break and hopefully a routine as well.

Hello, i'm glad i didn't sound intrusive and that you have a plan that works for you and your family, i think you're right , We all have different ideals and desires when it comes to our families, i was just sharing my opinion, besides i dont have (yet) a baby so what do i know really?

Well again, i wish you the best , never give up, you have a reason , you have what really matters, take care please.

Oh sorry if i sound weird or strange, it's just i'm a little bit down, i just need some sleep, in the morning it all be better ...
i'll fix it .. i have to

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Kat, I have BiPolar Disorder w/severe suicidal depression. I was DX'd BiPolar 23 years ago. I've been a cutter since I was 13, I'm...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.