Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
a safe place
mysafeplace posted:
I'm looking for a place to be me. is anyone there?

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. there isn't much traffic here, but you are welcome to stay. it is a safe place to be.

mysafeplace replied to slik_kitty's response:
Hello,
There seem to be so many places that ppl with other health issues can post.....is the SI incidence so low? Do you know how often the boards are checked? Are they checked for appropriate content?

I am so glad that this board exists and I look forward to meeting ppl.

slik_kitty replied to mysafeplace's response:
this board used to be quite busy. most people have gone their own ways. i hang around in case new people show up and need help. i generally only check the boards in the morning. we pretty much police ourselves. if you see inappropriate content then you can report it with the report button.

mysafeplace replied to slik_kitty's response:
Are you a moderator or a fellow SI'er or both. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my feet under me.

Summer, of course, is right around the corner and it, of course, is a rough time if you've been actively SIing. Which I have. I'm thinking of asking my doctor for an antibiotic to help heal the scabs quicker. Do you know if this will help?

Thanks in advance.

rugger1369 replied to mysafeplace's response:
hi,

welcome! this place is safe. tho SK is right...it have been fairly quiet these days.

And I think an OTC antibiotic like neosporin will work fine too. Long as they are kept clean, should heal well.
with love and fulljoy

mysafeplace replied to rugger1369's response:
My family would freak out if they knew I was posting here. They seem clueless but needless to say they would be so confused. How do you explain SI? Its comfort wherever I go. I need comfort and seem willing to obtain it anyway I can and at whatever cost. This cost includes the ability to comfortably wear shorts and short sleeves. So many ppl would never understand the stress and anxiety of wearing certain clothes. I love spring and I hate spring, if you know what I mean! I have got to get this under control and soon. It takes so long to heal and I just won't let the spots alone. sigh

not a mod. just a fellow si'er.

mysafeplace replied to rugger1369's response:
Hello,

I appreciate your reply. It's nice to "talk" to someone who understands and doesn't think my cheese has slipped off my cracker. (If ya know what I mean.)

I have dermatillomainia where I don't let wounds/sores heal. I will try newsporin.

Thanks,

find a smooth stone, or something small that you can roll around in one hand. then, when you feel like messing with the sores, you can hold that and play with it instead of picking at the sores.

Spotlight: Member Stories

A child of light, born of darkness, but which one will she be? The light an illusion and the darkness all consuming, does she dare hope to ever be fre...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.