Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
chat rooms
mysafeplace posted:
Does anyone use SI chat rooms?

slik_kitty responded:
there used to be chat rooms on here years ago. it was sad when they ended it cuz it was the only safe chat i found.

mysafeplace replied to slik_kitty's response:
That IS a bummer! I tried a depression chat room and it was crazy. Plus it was hard to know who u were talking to. At least the ppl here are a known entity.

slik_kitty replied to mysafeplace's response:
it's been a long time since i've done it, but we used to set up private chat rooms in yahoo when a group of us wanted to chat. don't know if yahoo even has the chat option any more.

nopoin responded:
To safe place, I haven't posted for a while but I still check it, I've been battling Si for a long time. I hid it from family for over a year , later I owed it to my children that they know about my Si. So far with a lot of work I've been Si free for nine months, it might not seen long to some but for me it was hard work and it still is, I found comfort here when I needed it the most.

mysafeplace replied to nopoin's response:
Congrats on nine months!! I'm finding myself in a tough spot because spring is here and my arms r in such a mess. I have told my therapist but "we" haven't worked on it much. That's according to him. I feel like mentioning was talking on and on about it. At any rate, it's nice to meet you and thanks for your post.

rugger1369 replied to mysafeplace's response:
I havent, but I would imagine they would be helpful. Or even setting up a time on one of these threads. This board used to be pretty lively...

Congrats on the 9mos! Every milestone is something to be proud of! I hit 7mos this month. My therapist reminds me that everyday is a battle to be won - and we are keeping up the good fight! Stay strong!

I owe a lot to this group and finding the courage to finally seek professional help and communicating how I feel with those around me, instead of bottling it up and using SH.
with love and fulljoy

slik_kitty replied to nopoin's response:
congrats to you nopoin and congrats also to rugger. that's awesome being sh free!

rugger1369 replied to slik_kitty's response:
thanks sk! it's a challenge but one Im determined to accept.

but I did find myself picking at scabs last week before I realized i was bleeding (they were from rugby! not SH'g)...so I dont know if that "counts" per say. but it's something I plan to bring up in therapy this week.
with love and fulljoy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I know my user name is a little young but that is because I am young. I have been cutting since I was 11 but upon thinking back I have realized I h...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.