chat rooms
mysafeplace posted:
Does anyone use SI chat rooms?

slik_kitty responded:
there used to be chat rooms on here years ago. it was sad when they ended it cuz it was the only safe chat i found.

mysafeplace replied to slik_kitty's response:
That IS a bummer! I tried a depression chat room and it was crazy. Plus it was hard to know who u were talking to. At least the ppl here are a known entity.

slik_kitty replied to mysafeplace's response:
it's been a long time since i've done it, but we used to set up private chat rooms in yahoo when a group of us wanted to chat. don't know if yahoo even has the chat option any more.

nopoin responded:
To safe place, I haven't posted for a while but I still check it, I've been battling Si for a long time. I hid it from family for over a year , later I owed it to my children that they know about my Si. So far with a lot of work I've been Si free for nine months, it might not seen long to some but for me it was hard work and it still is, I found comfort here when I needed it the most.

mysafeplace replied to nopoin's response:
Congrats on nine months!! I'm finding myself in a tough spot because spring is here and my arms r in such a mess. I have told my therapist but "we" haven't worked on it much. That's according to him. I feel like mentioning was talking on and on about it. At any rate, it's nice to meet you and thanks for your post.

rugger1369 replied to mysafeplace's response:
I havent, but I would imagine they would be helpful. Or even setting up a time on one of these threads. This board used to be pretty lively...

Congrats on the 9mos! Every milestone is something to be proud of! I hit 7mos this month. My therapist reminds me that everyday is a battle to be won - and we are keeping up the good fight! Stay strong!

I owe a lot to this group and finding the courage to finally seek professional help and communicating how I feel with those around me, instead of bottling it up and using SH.
with love and fulljoy

slik_kitty replied to nopoin's response:
congrats to you nopoin and congrats also to rugger. that's awesome being sh free!

rugger1369 replied to slik_kitty's response:
thanks sk! it's a challenge but one Im determined to accept.

but I did find myself picking at scabs last week before I realized i was bleeding (they were from rugby! not SH'g)...so I dont know if that "counts" per say. but it's something I plan to bring up in therapy this week.
with love and fulljoy