Skip to content


It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
SI or food?
mysafeplace posted:
I seem to be burning the candle at both ends..... Along with the SI, I have disordered eating. At this point in my life I am struggling with both. And expressed my exasperation at both issues the other day while seeing my therapist. In the end, we made a pact to help me moderate my food intake. Not too much and not too little. Right! As a result of all the pressure of working on the food issue, my SI has not decreased at all. My therapist thought if I focused on the eating, I would be too busy to SI. Wrong! I crazy to be thinking that such intense focus on one would make the other worse?
slik_kitty responded:
sounds like changing the pattern isn't working. you need to deal with the issues that make you si and eat badly. if you take one away, the other urge will get stronger. until you deal with the issues behind it, the self harming will continue.

Spotlight: Member Stories

lot relevant things i could say... the last one i just got fired .. that complicate my to do list, dont give a # about money, it's just i got debt...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.