Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Testerone use for women
Anon_71984 posted:
I had a hysterectomy 13 years ago and was left with both my ovaries. I have never taken hormones and am wondering if I can take testerone to increase my sex drive and help me lose weight. I have also been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and my weight is not coming off.

georgiagail responded:
http://women.webmd.com/testosterone-for-women

Gail

fatgrammie responded:
took the testosterone and gained 10 pounds in a one month. did not get a boost in my sex drive either. but everyone is different.

Retiredin2000 responded:
About 4 years ago my wife heard about pellet inserts of testosterone for women and men. We are in our upper 60s so we thought we would give them a try. Women get testosterone and a little estrogen and men get only testosterone.

We are completely satisfied with the results. Her aches & pains are gone, she has more energy, we did lose weight, and her sex drive improved dramatically. She also lubricates rapidly and orgasms more easily. The same goes for me, as I feel like I am in my 30s again!

Everyone is different but it is something to look into.

Helpful Tips

Ways to narrow the vagina
There are 3 ways to narrow the vagina: 1 - the exercise of certain conditions of intercourse: Read more... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website