Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tell me you love me
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you need to hear "I love you" from your SO all the time? Are there ways you show love instead of saying it? Are you comfortable saying "I love you"?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Anon_16867 responded:
no not really ..after you been together for so long u know that ur SO loves you or not ...sometimes it is still good to hear even if they dont mean it ..but that goes from person to person...

cdg61 responded:
I LOVE YOU

lovemyladyalways responded:
I asked a few questions about pleasing my wife orally several months ago and got great responces. My dear wife and i are golng to be married 25 years this October. Sexually i had problems from cancer so learning from you experts helped me overcome my lack of knowledge in satisfying my wife regularly. That help was the " I'll Love You Always " to my wife which she did not really need to hear but knows that what we do in our bed is meant to last our lifetime.
As for the other aspects of our marriage, 25 years is an enduring time of ups and downs which have lasted and continued so because " I Love You " is said on those special occasions, whether making up or anniversaries, birthdays,or ending a phone call. A wall decoration hangs in our bedroom stating to "Remember to Kiss Goodnight ! " That says it all.

jss123 responded:
I actually say it all the time probably because I really do mean it. She, funny enough, is more the one who is uncomfortable to receive it. Sh'es been hurt before a lot so that might be a factor in it.

We've been married for 5 months

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to cdg61's response:
Thank you cdg61 LOL I needed that.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to lovemyladyalways's response:
After 25 years of marriage I can see where it might be applied and not needed to say, but you are right, we shouldn't save "I love you" for special occasions.

Thank you for sharing that.
Chrissy~

Author Unknown

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to jss123's response:
5 months! Conrats! How nice Jss. I bet if you say it enough she'll be very comfortable with hearing I love you, very soon.
Chrissy~

Author Unknown

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I don't need to hear it all the time but hearing it every now and then is nice. I try to show my love by doing little things like buying DH a certain food he likes or something he specifically asks for as a gift.

PATELL replied to lovemyladyalways's response:
IF MY WIFE WOULD GIVE ME A HUG AND KISS AND SAIDI LOVE YOU I WOULD PROBABLY DIE FROM THE SHOCK

sa_guitarplayer replied to PATELL's response:
Patell... LOL.. I'm right there with you...
I need to here it !!

You wanna know something that gets MY goat ?
(Good, cause I'm telling you anyway.. )

Almost EVERY relationship talk show and EVERY book I pick up talks about men being cavemen and WOMEN needing reassurance and romance and date nights, etc.... But, these "experts" NEVER seem to notice that sometimes, MEN need it too.

sa_guitarplayer replied to sa_guitarplayer's response:
to "hear it".. would be better than 'here it'... -- my mistake..

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website