Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Getting tested
icantbeleivethis posted:
My BF needs to be tested for hsv1/2. I've tested positive, and I'm sure I got it from him...he has no insurance/no pcp...I've been calling, calling and calling around for him to be tested...and nothing...the local health clinic does not perform this test....I'm at a total lost as to what to do....any advice/direction would be greatly appreciate it.
elle0317 responded:
depending on where you live you may not have access to HSV blood testing. I had to go to the US (I live in eastern Canada) to get my testing done. So, keep looking for a clinic. If you do find a clinic make sure you ask for the IGG type specific blood test, the IGM test is a waste of money and time.
jsmith responded:
Try the CDC or Planned Parenthood......the local municipality public health department should be interested in a possible communicable disease.

Helpful Tips

I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website