Skip to content
Where did you meet?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Where did you meet your SO? Online? Work? A bar? Where would you say is the best setting to meet someone? What worked for you?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I met DH at a hockey arena where we both worked. He was one of the referees and I was the score keeper. I always say at least he didn't have to worry if I liked hockey.

Most of the men I've dated I met through work either former co-workers, customers, or worked for the company that did janitorial work in the building. One guy was the apartment manager of a guy I briefly dated. I've met a few guys online but they didn't go beyond a few dates.

Anon_16867 responded:
met my gf on line in chat room and that was about 6 years ago..we been pretty good for each other..she does not want too get married which is fine with me beacause i am single dad with all three of my children still living at home..she has her own place ..own car ..money too ..so why mess up a good thing..we never even talked about it either...

fcl responded:
I met him in the French Alps. He was on a skiing weekend and I was working in a hotel. I can still see this tall, dark and handsome guy striding across the carpark with his skis on his shoulder.

I lived in Marseille at the time and used to work only the weekends in the Alps. The boss considered me to be part of his family (he had 7 children aged 14-30) and wasn't happy about me taking the train back to the city on sunday nights (there was some very unsavoury fauna there) alone so he would try to arrange a ride for me with people that he knew and trusted. Guess who he fixed me up with that weekend? Yes, got it in one, the tall, dark, handsome guy.

That was on 13th March 1983 ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

shelbyray69 responded:
I met my SO online. I was 18, horny, and angry so I made an add looking for a hook up and he was the first guy I felt comfortable enough with to meet. We texted and talked on the phone for 4-6 months before we met up, even though he only lived an hour away. He worked at a mall so our first meeting was publically in the mall. At first I was positive it would be just sex. I simply wanted a good time with nothing to tie me down, and he seemed like he wanted the same, but after the first night together, when I had assumed it was a one night stand (which was OK!), he just kept calling, texting, driving down to see me and meet my family (I was living with my parents so that was hard to avoid). I simply just fell in love. Most of our family, well all of our family, doesn't know how we met. My mom would be disappointed I'm sure, scared for me, but after 3 years of knowing him, I don't think it would change their opinion of him. I was overweight, and shy so online seemed to be the only way I could meet someone without being judged by my looks. I have a big rack so I made sure to show that part to get some takers lol. I knew the risks and I was as careful as you can be in that situation, and yes he COULD'VE been a creep who just wanted to bang and run, or hurt me, but he didn't. And I don't dwell on the what if's much. I'M HAPPY, and that's what matters!

dfgbull responded:
My wife, of 35 years, and I met at church. At least we agree on religious preferences.

sarahogan responded:
I met my husband at my family's Inn. He and his parents and brother had met my aunt and uncle in Dallas a few months prior and decided to come to my small mountain hometown for a Retreat going on that summer. They drove into the town and pulled into our parking lot. I was working in the office that day, so technically, I was the first person he saw when he got there. When I saw him, I was thinking, "Wow, he's really cute." And he told me later that he was thinking, "No, it doesn't work that way." For him it was love at first sight, for me, it took a few more days. We met on Wednesday, had our first date Friday, our first kiss on Saturday, and when he left on Monday, I was absolutely certain I was going to marry him. That will be 13 years ago this July. We were engaged by that December and married the next June - 12 years!

Natalee84 responded:
Online Never thought much would come from online dating but that's how I met the love of my life.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website