Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    prostate cancer and sex
    dfgbull posted:
    I have just been diagnosed with prostate cancer (i am 57 years old), and wondering about how to handle the sexual side effects of treatment. Any men out there who have gone through this and have any ideas to help?
    georgiagail responded:
    A very thorough article on the various treatments for prostate cancer.

    "Watchful waiting" is a valid option for many as this tends to be a slow growing carcinoma:

    dfgbull replied to georgiagail's response:
    Due to my age and the stage of the cancer, the Dr. is very confidant that with surgery or radiation he can eliminate the cancer which would be a cure and not letting it get worse. I am ok with this but there is a chance of impotence from either course. I just am wondering how men cope/adapt to the impotence if it happens.
    georgiagail replied to dfgbull's response:
    They don't cope very well at all.


    Helpful Tips

    wallgreens lol seriously
    I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website