Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post Menopausal Sex
An_241042 posted:
I am a 50 year old divorced male who has always dated younger women. Recently I met a 51 year old female and we have been dating for about a month. The other night we were talking about sex when she brought up the topic about me dating only younger woman, She told me she went through menopause three years ago. My question is to the members: Is sex really that different? Will a post menopausal woman lubricate if there is lots of forplay first? I have never been with a woman over 42 so really have no experience when it comes to this. Please tell me what to expect and what I can do to make our first night together an experience we will remember forever. Thanks

rhondamay responded:
I am in my late fifties and I can tell you that it depends on several factors. If she has been regularly sexually active it is easier for her to lubricate naturally with foreplay. (The old "use it or lose it" is very true in this case.) If she is receiving hormone replacement therapy it also helps with natural lubrication. If she hasn't had regular sex and not on HRT she can have dry and thinning vaginal tissues and experience uncomfortable or painful sex, so be gentle. Post menopausal women appreciate Astro-Glide.

Good luck,

Rhonda

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website