Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
STD Test for my partner
KrystalinKuppicakes posted:
I've been trying to talk my boyfriend into getting an STD test, but he is so sure he doesn't have anything because he used a condom in the past. But I have a hard time believing that he used one for oral sex and any other kind. He's never been tested before either so I'm worried. I have been tested recently, but only for the three main STD's. I think he doesn't want to get it done because either he is worried what they'll find, or he's afraid it's going to hurt.

rhondamay responded:
It is not unreasonable or uncommon to tell him "No sex until he is tested!"

KrystalinKuppicakes replied to rhondamay's response:
That's easier said than done with him.

longduckdong46 replied to KrystalinKuppicakes's response:
Well if he doesn't care about his health and well being perhaps he SHOULD care about yours.
Don't you have the will power to say NO ?

Elle0317 replied to KrystalinKuppicakes's response:
Really, you can't tell him no test = no sex? Where is your self-esteem? It's your health and your LIFE, so take responsibility for it.

KrystalinKuppicakes replied to longduckdong46's response:
I have told him no. He doesn't listen though. And I've tried getting him to. He says if he has anything now it's because of me. I have a yeast infection right now and have been working my ass off to get him to go in and get checked but he won't.

KrystalinKuppicakes replied to Elle0317's response:
I have my self esteem, thank you. I have said no many times before, but he is pushy.

rhondamay replied to KrystalinKuppicakes's response:
You have received sound advice. It is up to you if you want to use it. As Elle said, "It's your health and your LIFE." You have the hammer!

Rhonda

fcl replied to KrystalinKuppicakes's response:
"I have told him no. He doesn't listen though. "

So he rapes you. How good does that make you feel?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

fcl replied to KrystalinKuppicakes's response:
"I have my self esteem"

That's as may be but HE clearly has no respect for you ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

longduckdong46 replied to KrystalinKuppicakes's response:
You have to admit that you are very weak, naive and easily manipulated.
Like FCL stated you are being raped..period.

Are you going to continue to let him have his way ? What's really the issue ?

Elle0317 replied to KrystalinKuppicakes's response:
People with self-esteem don't get pushed into sex when they don't want it. He's sounds VERY abusive and this will only get worse. I would get out now while you still can.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website