Skip to content
Intercourse in swimming pools
An_246678 posted:
Are there any drawbacks in having sexual intercourse in a swimming pool? My girlfriend was concerned of getting an infection of some sort, because of the chemicals in the pool entering her vagina during intercourse.

tbkittycat responded:
I don't think there's an infection risk but water does tend to wash away any natural lubircation so sex may be a bit uncomfortable for her.

elle0317 responded:
She's right. Us women have delicate flora inside our vaginas that help keep it heathly. Any disruption of this flora will likely result in a infection. I've had sex in lakes before without resulting in an infection.

paythetroll replied to elle0317's response:
Elle0317, but wouldn't lake water have more pollutants than a backyard swimming pool? I know having 4 daughters that sometimes even baths, according to the Doctor, caused UTI's. I'm confused.

elle0317 replied to paythetroll's response:
Just giving my personal experience. I've had sex in a pool and in a lake, and the lake didn't give me any infection.

fcl replied to elle0317's response:
For the record, I've never had an infection either, not in swimming pools, lakes or the sea.

Also, do not overestimate the quality of water in backyard swimming pools. You speak of pollutants but what causes infections is bacteria.

http://www.ehow.com/info_7853546_bacteria-pools.html
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

jmgg5000 responded:
having sex in a lake or pool is amazing for sure even if it could cause infection so far my wife has never had infections after making out in a pool.

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website