Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sex with my wife
truconserv posted:
I am 62 and my wife is 59 and since last Oct. 2011 we have had sex apprx. 6 times. My wife was recently diag. w/breast cancer and has been treated and is doing fine. She states that she is somewhat depressed and that feelings will come back, but I'm not so sure. Our sex life has been steadly becoming less and less for about 3 yrs. now. I know that she wants dining and dancing to get in the mood, but thats unrealistic for most married people. I would like sex about twice a week so the economic's won't work with that. I think that her interest in me has waned for what ever reason (I really have'nt changed much in 15 yrs.) so what might the problem? I think it's me, but I know that it takes 2 to tango.

Anyone with anwsers?

georgiagail responded:
Possible reasons..

1. Your wife has recently undergone a life threatening disease and it's understandable there might be a shift in her mood.

2. Because of the breast cancer (and one is not considered cured until at least 5 years have passed without a return)...and her age (I'm assuming she has gone through menopause) it is likely she cannot take hormone replacement therapy. Thus, if she is post menopausal this may explain her decrease in libido.

3. While you may believe that regular dining and dancing is unrealistic for married couples, your wife appears to have imparted the information she needs as part of "foreplay" for her to get into the mood. Since you feel this is unrealistic economically, you will continue to remain sexually frustrated until you can come up with a better solution. For example, what about flowers and a take out dinner a couple of times a week?

Gail

Helpful Tips

pain having sex
Try putting a pillow under your hips. Lubricate is important. Good luck More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website