Skip to content
having major anxiety issues
An_247088 posted:
Need a professional opinion. I am a 32 year male and have been with my wife for 8 years. before her I have had a few sexual partners. Recently I have been thrown into a tailspin thinking I have hiv. My wife is pregnant and has been tested twice and both times negative. I also had a cbc and all was normal. So my question is it likely I would have shown no symptoms through 8 years and is it likely my cbc would stay normal without treatment. Please help

georgiagail responded:
A complete blood count (CBC) is totally useless in diagnosing HIV in you..as is the fact that your wife has tested negative twice.

Keep in mind that, except for a short term bout of flu like symptoms two to six weeks after transmission, HIV has NO symptoms for many years. It is not until the immune system has been severely damaged by the virus that significant symptoms begin.

If you remain concerned, have a simple screening test (many health departments provide this if you do not wish to have this done through your physician for privacy matters). Often rapid testing is done with results available in 20 minutes.

Gail

fcl responded:
What makes you think you might be HIV positive?

It doesn't matter what any of us here thinks, the only way you are going to be able to set your mind at rest is to get tested. So do it. Now.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website