Skip to content
Any Suggestions?
Anon_234655 posted:
I always hear that there are a lot of men that love a woman's "scent" in that area, but I can't help but to feel self conscious when my man wants to go downtown. I am always afraid of how it will taste to him, and of course how it will smell, and I have been told that things you eat will affect the both of those things. I keep myself very clean obviously, and I am "manicured" in that area, but I am always worried and the what if's are always running through my mind...I would be mortified if something were to "happen". Also, if you just want to
'freshen up" there, anything you can use besides douche? Thanks!

queston responded:
As a man, I would suggest that there are two different issues possibly at play here. One is the natural scent of a woman's vagina, and the other is sweaty/stinky crotch/butt smell.

I have never, ever heard a man complain or say anything negative about the former. Quit to the contrary, I generally have only heard glowing praise about all things vagina from (straight) men. It is the holy of holies to us, so to speak. We love everything about it, including any natural scent it might have.

Now, nobody likes sweaty/stinky crotch/butt smell, of course. So if you take the necessary steps to avoid this part of the equation, I think you've got no worries. If you're not sure, a moist wipe to the possibly offending areas (not your actual genitals) couldn't hurt.

Anon_234655 replied to queston's response:
Have to admit Queston, I had to chuckle when I read your response. As I said, I am quite conscious, and do keep clean, and I don't worry about the sweaty, stinky crotch, butt smell as you described (ha ha), but I think I know what you are getting at.

Thank you for the reassurance, and the assurance of most (straight) men and their love of the female anatomy.

tmlmtlrl responded:
I read a long time ago that if you're not willing to smell it or taste it you shouldn't expect anyone else to. That made a lot of sense to me and I've applied the logic ever since.

So stick your fingers down there and test it out!

Oh, and don't douche.

Anon_234655 replied to tmlmtlrl's response:
Good suggestion..and I don't douche. Heard that is VERY bad for you and can cause a lot of problems.

Helpful Tips

wallgreens lol seriously
I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website