Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
need advice
islandgirl5126 posted:
My husband and I have been married for 11 months. This is a second marriage for both of us. When we first started dating there didn't seem to be an issue with our sex life. And as ironic as it may seem, we dated 23 years ago before I married my first husband. Back then we weren't sexually involved.
Now he shows little to no interest in our sex life. He will tell me all I have to do is ask, which I do, but often am turned down. This has been the subject of many arguments, and finally he told me that he just doesn't want sex after I asked if it was sex in general or sex with me. His excuse is that he got it out of his system when he was younger, and that he is old (46, I'm 43)
I asked if he would get his testosterone levels checked and he declined.
I love my husband, but my heart is breaking.

rphcho responded:
How has been when it did happen?
I suspect he is hiding something subconsciously, and is afraid to address it. A testosterone check should be revealing.

islandgirl5126 replied to rphcho's response:
That's why i asked him to have his testosterone levels checked. Our sex life started fading right after we got back from our destination wedding last year. Before we got married all was fine and dandy, he even joked about looking forward to our wedding night. Since then I'm lucky if we have sex 1-2 times a month. And anytime I try to talk to him about it or how this situation makes me feel, he tells me to quit personalizing it.
I got so frustrated that I bought a toy and when he saw it, he got angry because he felt it was a blow to his manhood.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website