Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PARAGUARD IUD
teenmommy11 posted:
Hello.

I have had my IUD in for about a year now. The periods are not extremely bad as they were. The discharge is horrible, and happens all the time!!! I always have pressure down south. I am experiencing lower back, and abdominal pain. IT feels like pregnancy contractions it hurts so bad. My mother seems to think I have kidney stones, but I won't pass anything. I am thinking about getting it removed.

Has anyone else had problems with it?

3point14 responded:
I had mine put in in February, and have had nothing like what you describe. If you're having horrible discharge with pain and pressure, why not have your gyno check it? It may not have to be removed, it could be something else entirely.

Have you been in to have the positioning checked? Have you been in for your yearly pap and everything? How about making an appointment to do your yearly, and then finding out a real diagnosis for what's going on? Maybe it's something more minor that won't require your getting your Paragard removed.

Best of luck!

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website