Allergic Reaction After Sex - Help!
An_247336 posted:
Hi I have a problem and I'm hoping someone out there has an answer. I started seeing a very nice guy a few months ago. The sex is great but I get an itchy rash after. It's outside, mostly on my sit-bone area, inner thighs, and outer labia. My vagina is usually swollen too (but that might be because he's a little big for me?) It will show up the next day and can take up to a week to go away. It looks and feels a lot like poison ivy.

Note: we have both been tested to STDs.

I saw a nurse practitioner who said it was probably a soap allergy, I can be sensitive to soaps. So we both switched to an organic soap and laundry detergent. We also thought it could be the condom. I am on birth control so we stopped using the condom. These things may have helped a little but it's still there.

My latest theories are: it's a yeast thing, I'm allergic to his sweet, I am a "squirter" and that fluid is causing it.

He also reports some itchiness after, but no rash. It also seems to help if we shower right away. Also benadryl cream really helps. That's why I think it's an allergy.

I am allergic to gluten, I don't know if that's significant.

Any help or insight is appreciated!