Skip to content
My girlfriend of four years want to live celibate now?
cle123 posted:
Please do no respond if you will not give a mature and honest answer. She has always been very religious going to church every sunday and reading the Bible.We met four yrs ago, I was 19 she was 18. We had our issues at first because she was a virgin and I was already sexually active in previous relationships, so we had many arguments and it was very hard but I fell in love with her and stuck it out with her. I waited for over a year (exactly 17 months to be exact, I counted) and when we had sex it was because she said she was ready and that I had proved that I love her and that she felt I am the one she will always be with. We have been having sex for the past couple years our relationship has been great!

Now, just recently she had started going to church more and more everyday and every Sunday with her granddad. She also told me about a convo with her grandpa about living the Holy way completely. So, out of nowhere, she tells me that she will live her life celibate and that she understands how tough it is for me and that it will make us better in the long run. Now, at first I flipped and said I cant live celibate, but then I supported her decision to seek the Lord. I truly am proud she is seeking a better lifestyle, but I am not ready to live celibate. We are only 21 and 22 yrs old still in college barely making a living so marriage is out of the question for both of us. She would likely say no if I asked her to marry. While I understand her reasoning, it just feels unfair to me especially after waiting so long for it, then we start having sex then its taken away? How do I lay in bed with her now without wanting? How do we enjoy things like cuddling and kissing now? I dont want to break up with her its not that easy when you love someone and been together for four years. What do I do?

Helpful Tips

wallgreens lol seriously
I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website