Skip to content
A New Partner
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
How does the scenario go for you when you meet someone new that you are interested in?

Do you discuss past sexual experiences?
Are you cautious about sex with someone new, or do you tend to rush things as far as intimacy goes?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on responded:
I think it depends on the individuals, me personally, i dont want to get to deep into past relationships, right off the bat. But they do tend to come out, not usually from direct questioning, but in round about ways.

Initually, because you dont really know the person on that deep of a level yet, the feelings tend to be a bit more on the physical side. I wouldnt use the term cautious when i meet someone new, i look at it as a way of being respectful. If i meet someone that i am attracted to and hit it off with them, I dont want to give them the wrong impression, that i am only interested in them physically/sexually. Thats not to say that I wont kiss someone or fool around with someone, but i want to respect them as a person and let them know that i am not just in it for sex...that there may be something great on our hands.

When i was younger i would tend to rush into things much more quickly, thats not to say that those relationships wheren't meaningful or worthwhile, they were. But as i have gotten older I want to be a gentlemen and do what I feel is right...if we are really into each other, the time will come when we can express those feelings sexually. Hopefully, when that time comes we do understand each other on several levels, not just a physical one. I feel the results of those intimate times will be much more meaningful.

IC

3point14 responded:
When I meet someone I find interesting, the last thing I want to bring up is past sexual experiences. "Hi, I'm a bisexual female with very limited sexual experience except in extremely kinky situations, at which I excel". Yeah, that would create an impression I guess I wouldn't mind, but really isn't what I'm going for on short acquaintence with someone.

I do tell people as soon as it's reasonable to that either I'm not straight or not gay (depending on the situation) just so it's not weird for them to hear me talk about an unexpected gender as my "ex", but that's just a courtesy.

I'm what I consider reasonable about sex with a new partner. Having had not many in my life and enjoying my STD-free status, I make potential partners get tested. I'm in no rush to have sex with someone generally, but when I am in a rush I'm at least safe about it.

I like a lot of build-up though, to prevent the sex getting boring too early. I love to make out and fool around, so I tend to savor those experiences.

scorp1971 responded:
I am an old "Farm Boy" and what I found in new relationships was a big surprise to me. I am very selective in what I choose to date. My theory is, "If I don't want to wake up beside them every morning, I should not ask them out".
Well to my surprise I could not believe that 80% of the time the gal ended up being the aggresive person. I never dreamed that 90% of my dates ended up at there place for a "roll in the hay" our first time out. I did not know gals done that. All the gals I have dated have been very clean vaginally, ( thank heavens for that ) I do practice safe sex, and feel very rewarded for that practice. And yes, on the first date I do try to find out about there sexual past. I do not want to eat something that may have left overs...

Jogary responded:
I would allow my emotions to flow naturally. If the liking is strong enough, most of the time I would have a different feeling. Well, although sometimes we may be wrong

Helpful Tips

sexually frustrated 2
fighting is healthy in a relationship as long as it's calm and there are boundaries set on both sides. there is bad fighting or as you ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website