Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sexual question
0048curious posted:
How long does it take for a man to have sperm again after the first orgasm, to go round two with sperm?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It can vary from man to man. When men are younger, they can sometimes go for round 2 within a few hours or less. As they age, the refractory period lengthens and it may take several hours, possibly up to 24 before they are ready to go again.

ontbear responded:
0048 curious: i was married at 21....wedding night 4 times and 1 in the morning... awsome ontbear

jss123 responded:
I am 42. I can ejaculate twice in an hour, but I need 20 minutes rest. The trick is not to go immediately for round two when you get another erection, but to wait a bit.

I guess the easiest way to see is to masturbate to orgasm and to see how long it takes to orgasm a second time.
Of course masturbation is far less exerting than sex, but it still will give you some idea.

When you are in your teens 3 to 4 times in an hour is possible as your recovery time is minutes. I used to be able to keep erect after having an orgasm. No chance now. Sigh.

As you get older the time lengthens a bit.

hairyd replied to jss123's response:
jss123, Your information is the same has my Penis. I also was able to climax a number of times a session. I never checked the clock. But I know each time was 15 to 20 minutes. Also had a full erection for three or four insertations.
Sometimes the last one I would be emply of semen. But we both would have a organism.

I sorry the kitty cat 1968 has to wait for Hours. But she was Correct
".It can vary from man to man"
Always remember your penis is unique, just like every man.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website