Skip to content
Question about Plan B
An_247895 posted:
I'm on the birth control pill. I've been on it for about 4 years. I've occasionally been late taking the pill, but for the most part, I think I was okay this past month. Anyway, I had unprotected sex the day of my last pill (Sept. 15). I took Plan B about 36 hours later. I'm supposed to start my period tomorrow (Sept. 18), and I start my next pack of pills on Thursday (Sept. 20). My concern isn't necessarily that I'm pregnant. However, if my period is late due to Plan B, should I wait until I get my period to start my next pack of pills or should I start my pills as usual? I guess I would wait just as a precaution. Thoughts? Thanks!

fcl responded:
Take your pills as you normally would. Don't wait for your period. Start on Thursday.

As for taking your pill late. You have a little leeway. A pill isn't considered to be late as long as you take it within 12 hours of its normal time (or within 3 hours if you're taking the minipill). Hope this helps.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Also, if you are on the pill, you did not have unprotected sex and there was no need to take Plan B.

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website