Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Night Mastubation
Anon_233221 posted:
I suppose I will just come out and say it. I aparently masturbate when I sleep. I am in my mid 20's and my boyfriend and I have been going out for three years now.
When we started our relationship I did not do this. About a year ago he started getting mad at me. He eventually told me that I rub myself during the night, which causes the bed to shake. He says it wakes him up and I sometimes do it all night long.
We have talked about my problem. I have no recollection of the act/s.The only way that I know I have done this is when we get up he is grumpy or mad.I can see that he is offended by the act.I have told him to wake me up when I do this but he says I would never get any sleep because I do it all night.My problem does not physically bother me. I sleep though the night and I feel rested in the morning. I have found that exercise helps relieve the problem to an extent.
I want to fix this problem for both our sakes but I do not know who to talk to or how to fix it. Any ideas

BalconyBelle responded:
When's the last time you made the bed shake together? Did the amount of sex you had with your boyfriend decrease about a year ago? The reason I ask, is the cause of this could be something as simple as your body unconsciously seeking sexual satisfaction. Satisfaction that apparently your partner is more content to whine and complain about than actually do anything to help with.

Frankly, I'd be grumpy and mad about his reaction. You don't have a 'problem'--you've been having recurring experiences what's commonly known as 'wet dreams'--and it's normal. While I can see that it might make sleeping soundly together challenging, it's not something that entitles him to treat your desire or behavior with distaste--or to imply that you, personally, have a problem. Some compromise might be needed so that you both get a good night's sleep--but don't let him make you think there's something wrong with you.
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com

Anon_233221 replied to BalconyBelle's response:
Thank you for your response.We had a go this morning. I have noticed we have had less time for nightly activities becuase of my schedule. I think I have to make time now instead of just letting it happen. I don't think it would solve the problem though.

jss123 replied to Anon_233221's response:
I completely agree with BalconyBelle.

Sexual frustration can really affect your sleep. Although I'm speaking as a man I know what it can be like.

I used to have broken sleep often having to masturbate during the night to go back to sleep.
After I got married and got more regular sex that changed and I sleep much better now.

Do you do masturbate in your sleep even if you've had sex/masturbated (and had an orgasm) ?

His reaction BTW could be simply that he is thinking he isn't satisfying sexually causing you to do that.
It might be a bit childish, but its certainly understandable.

Good luck !

vailedhose replied to jss123's response:
Thank you for your response. I really don't know the answer to you question. I have no recollection of it at all. The only reason I know I masturbate is when he says something. I will definately ask him to try and keep track.

I have a couple question for you. If your wife had my problem how would you approach it, would you do the same thing my boyfriend did, and like you said would you feel that you were satisfying her if she did that?

Hopefully I can talk with him soon. Just hate to bring it up because it's embarassing.

Thanks again,
Anon

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website