becoming MAJORLY depressed due to lack of sex
An_248071 posted:
[TRIGGER] I am 21 and have only been with 1 woman. she and I were together for 2 years until she cheated on me when we were separated for a short while.

I left her because she couldn't stay loyal and kept flirting with other guys. Though I put up with her for so long because I loved her and she had a very high sex drive and I really needed that. We would mostly go for hours every night until we just got too tired to go anymore... 5+ times a night.

However, since the breakup I feel myself very depressed and sometimes even suicidal due to the lack of intercourse. I don't get out at all so I have no hope in getting with another woman anytime soon. Masturbation doesn't help and I just end up hurting myself after 3 times a day.

What can I do to fix this? I never knew I was a sex addict until we split but I seriously want to kill myself at times I can't handle this!

elle0317 responded:
You need to get out and meet people! How do you expect to change this situation if you don't change it? Have you been diagnosed by a professional as a sex addict? I don't believe you are a sex addict, addicts CAN NOT stop having sex to the point where they have risky sex with strangers/hookers and it interfers with their daily lives. You have a high sex drive (as most 21 yr old men do), but not a clinical sex addict.

If you are seriously considering suicide, I suggest to see a counselor or therapist to work on this issue.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

I'm sorry about your situation.
Hurting yourself is never the answer, please keep these Crisis Assistance Links near, should you feel you need them.

I'm very glad you found us, and I think, and I am no expert, but you need to find help offline as well. When you feel better things will come together for you I bet. Keep us posted, I hope you feel better about things soon. The right one will come along, just feel better about you first.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Simple21 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
there's really no reason for me to call a crisis hotline... Is that going to get me into a real relationship? is it gonna help me meet a new girl? No its not. All they are going to do is feed me a bunch of bull crap about how life's important and don't throw it away blah blah blah. Yes my family would be sad for a few weeks or months, but ultimately go on with their lives unaffected by my death, which is fine.

Whats the point of living if all I do is eat, sleep, work and have no-one to share life with? There is none.

georgiagail replied to Simple21's response:
All the more reason for you to seek mental help.

Gail

dfgbull responded:
AS a man I can totally relate to your post (I've been exactly where you are). A counselor, if you find the right one, will help you find the tools to cope with your depressed feelings (been there too). See a counselor right away but if you don't mesh, keep looking until you find the right one. Also as Elle has said YOU need to change the situation - It won't change itself.