Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
becoming MAJORLY depressed due to lack of sex
An_248071 posted:
[TRIGGER] I am 21 and have only been with 1 woman. she and I were together for 2 years until she cheated on me when we were separated for a short while.

I left her because she couldn't stay loyal and kept flirting with other guys. Though I put up with her for so long because I loved her and she had a very high sex drive and I really needed that. We would mostly go for hours every night until we just got too tired to go anymore... 5+ times a night.

However, since the breakup I feel myself very depressed and sometimes even suicidal due to the lack of intercourse. I don't get out at all so I have no hope in getting with another woman anytime soon. Masturbation doesn't help and I just end up hurting myself after 3 times a day.

What can I do to fix this? I never knew I was a sex addict until we split but I seriously want to kill myself at times I can't handle this!

elle0317 responded:
You need to get out and meet people! How do you expect to change this situation if you don't change it? Have you been diagnosed by a professional as a sex addict? I don't believe you are a sex addict, addicts CAN NOT stop having sex to the point where they have risky sex with strangers/hookers and it interfers with their daily lives. You have a high sex drive (as most 21 yr old men do), but not a clinical sex addict.

If you are seriously considering suicide, I suggest to see a counselor or therapist to work on this issue.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

I'm sorry about your situation.
Hurting yourself is never the answer, please keep these Crisis Assistance Links near, should you feel you need them.

I'm very glad you found us, and I think, and I am no expert, but you need to find help offline as well. When you feel better things will come together for you I bet. Keep us posted, I hope you feel better about things soon. The right one will come along, just feel better about you first.
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown

Simple21 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
there's really no reason for me to call a crisis hotline... Is that going to get me into a real relationship? is it gonna help me meet a new girl? No its not. All they are going to do is feed me a bunch of bull crap about how life's important and don't throw it away blah blah blah. Yes my family would be sad for a few weeks or months, but ultimately go on with their lives unaffected by my death, which is fine.

Whats the point of living if all I do is eat, sleep, work and have no-one to share life with? There is none.

georgiagail replied to Simple21's response:
All the more reason for you to seek mental help.

Gail

dfgbull responded:
AS a man I can totally relate to your post (I've been exactly where you are). A counselor, if you find the right one, will help you find the tools to cope with your depressed feelings (been there too). See a counselor right away but if you don't mesh, keep looking until you find the right one. Also as Elle has said YOU need to change the situation - It won't change itself.

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website