Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    oral sex etc. and hpv
    An_248085 posted:
    I'm 51 and my last pap came bak normal but I was told I tested positive for high risk HPV. My md told me just to continue life as normal and to get restested in 6 months. I have been in a relationship for the last 11 years and my pap's have always been normal. Now my question is not so much about the worries in regard to developing cervical cances because I understood the chances are slim and if I get tested on a regular base I will detect changes in an early stage. My question is:do we have to start using condoms after being together for 11 years? And do we have to stop oral sex? My Dr's nurse said "No reason to change a thing and no need for condoms" But I'm not sure how knowledgable she was.And after hearing this my partner is still worried about catching oral cancer due to the HPV so is now afraid to perform oral sex.

    Helpful Tips

    Can a female get something from a man with Epididymitis? More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website