Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    My penis does stay erect for long during intercourse. what to do?
    An_248180 posted:
    hi i am 24, male
    i am suffering from multiple things at the same time and its affecting my sex life and my psycological health. i have a small penis, finding it hard to stay erect even after foreplay, and when i do attempt to intercourse, i cum very fast.

    i dont know what to do, its pretty annoying, i hope i can do something about size, performance as i plan to get married and dont want this affecting my marriage and hurt my chances to make girl pregnant.

    please suggest what should i do, if their is medicine that can help and so on.
    fcl responded:
    I can understand that your situation must be annoying. I suggest you make an appointment with a urologist and discuss your concerns with him. You need a medical opinion.

    Good luck.
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.
    luvv4ever replied to fcl's response:
    do i need a referral from walk in to seek appointment with a urologist? or i can generally make it directly

    thanks for advice

    is their any over the counter medicine that can temporarily solve my problems
    fcl replied to luvv4ever's response:
    I may be wrong but I think you can just make your appointment directly.

    There is no OTC med that can solve a problem that hasn't been diagnosed yet Don't waste your money!
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.
    hairyd replied to luvv4ever's response:
    Call the urologist in your area and request an appointment. They will tell you what is required . Some of the one with more bbusiness prefer a referral. Also it could be 30 days or more for an appointment. Write down what you want to ask and be very honest. The doctor know how the penis, feels and works.

    Relax and seek medical advise. As a men to another man "I feel your pain".
    Always remember your penis is unique, just like every man.
    luvv4ever replied to hairyd's response:
    thx man , thats exactly what i am gonna do. i have been shy enough to seek help but i have matured enough to understand seeking help is the only way to solution and its better to solve it now than later.
    hairyd replied to luvv4ever's response:
    There no reason to be shy. Most men have issues with their body. Do not be shy being naked or discussing your penis. It's an important part of your body. If the doctor you select is a male will understand your health issue; hh has the same penis.
    If you select a female doctor she will understand. Because she had one or more penis in her cavities.
    Do not think; your penis is small. If you can pee standing and enter your wife's vaginal. Your all MALE. You therefore would need a full hard 2- 3 inches penis.
    It not the size of your dick that will get your wife pg. But your sperm which is micro tiny tiny for all men.
    I would also advise you to join a gym. You will see in the locker room men penis are in differant shape and sizes. But the doctor can also discuss you penis lenght. If you will only ask all questions.
    Always remember your penis is unique, just like every man.
    SavioJones responded:
    In my opinion, you are struggling with premature ejaculation. You can't stay last longer in bed. First, you have to go through basic activity which can be helpful to improve your stamina. You have to shape up your body i.e. you have to work out on your body by doing regular exercise. It can definitely helpful to you. It will increase your strength & stamina. You have to use herbal & natural ingredients male enhancement supplement which will help to boost your sex drive. So, that you can stay last longer in bedroom. You can enjoy & hit your drive. I will suggest you should go for Virectin. Before going to any male enhancement supplement, first go through it review on Performanceinsiders website. It's a very good source where you can find all information regarding your issue & solution also.
    An_240941 responded:
    It drives me crazy that so many people are so shy when it comes to talking about their sexual parts. What is so wrong with talking about a penis or a vagina? My husband wouldn't even call it a penis and a vagina until I tripped out on him one day about wanting to teach our daughters the right things so they aren't shy, scared, nervous, or embarrassed to talk to use about things they need help with (especially if or when they decide to become sexually active).

    It's not the size that counts honey, it's what you do with it. Trust me, as a woman I can tell you I've been with guys in my past with huge (12'') penis's that couldn't get me off if their lives depended on it and I've been with guys with what I guess would be average sized (5''-7'') that could get me off no problem and give me multiples. No don't get me wrong, I'm no little hussy and I haven't been with a ton of guys, but this is what I've experienced. You need to know how to work it and how to listen. If a woman can gt passed her shyness with you she will tell you what she wants, what you do wrong, and what you do just have to let her know she can and stick by it.

    Issues staying erect in something you need to discuss with your doctor. I don't have a penis so I don't know what doctor, but these guys seem to all be tellin' you the same thing so I'd take their advice.

    You say you cum fast too. Well it may be just a per-ejaculation issue or it may be your own insecurities. Either way you can get help for it. No doctor, male or female, will be unprofessional regarding these types of concerns. Don't be shy, just take care of yourself ok and smile, nothing is sexier than a nice smile.
    Anon_6207 responded:
    Have you actually measured your penis ?
    I thought I had a very small one until I took a tape measure and discovered I (like most men) was average.

    At your age you could masturbate shortly before you know you are going to have sex.
    It will give you enough time to give her an orgasm before you are able to ejaculate again. I did it recently and it worked.

    Try masturbating until you orgasm and soon afterwards try again. You will see it takes considerably longer to have an orgasm the second time. Its almost impossible to have a second orgasm soon after your first. That will give you enough time to give her one during sex.

    The first orgasm you give your partner will do wonders for your confidence. Believe me

    Helpful Tips

    Can a female get something from a man with Epididymitis? More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website