Skip to content
My boyfriend wants sex everyday
An_248182 posted:
My boyfriend mentions sex to me multiple times per day as well as trying to initiate sex with me every day. we recently moved in together and i just feel like i cant take it . it seems so childish to me . its not like i dont have sex with him , but it irritates me that he can never just relax and let me make a move . he feels like im withholding but i just feel like there are so many other important things he could be focusing his attn on . FYI , we have sex at least 3/4 times per week and i feel like that is more than enough . granted , i may have a less active sex drive but he is wearing me out . its almost like a child in the grocery store , " no , no , put me down " lol i love him a lot but i just want to scream " NO GO AWAY !" but he gets his feelings hurt or he gets really angry and says hes going to cheat on me . is there anything i can do to get him to understand me or anything i can do to up my libido ?

3point14 responded:
Anyone who threatens to cheat because you don't want sex every day is an ass.How can you trust him?! That's incredibly childish.

Have you told him calmly "I'd like to initiate sometimes, it would make it hotter for me and you'd have more sex"? If not, that's how I'd phrase it, as a benefit to him.

HeavenlyWeather responded:
If he's threatening to cheat on you because you won't have sex with him all the time, then that's probably not a good sign. If you haven't discussed this with him yet, I would definitely sit him down and have a serious discussion focusing on your feelings toward his sex drive.

Has he tried masturbating more often to relieve sexual frustration when you aren't available or don't want to have sex? Try to work toward a compromise.

blake_valentine responded:
Was he like this before you moved in with him, or is this recent? I think couples tend to discount differences in sexual appetite, esp. since in the beginning of the relationship things are usually hot and heavy and both partners are happy with the frequency. Sooner or later, one will ramp down. It seems at first like a minor issue that a couple in love can work around, but it derails alot of relationships, unfortunately, after the walk down the aisle. I would look at this as an opportunity to see how your BF handles some firm ground rules that won't go his way. His immature approach so far is not a good sign. If in your head you are screaming "NO GO AWAY," as you say, that is also not a good sign.

IMO, no one should not be attempting to adjust their libidos artificially to meet their partners halfway. Water seeks its level and that holds for libidos. Now you have to decide whether you want to deal with that going forward (I know; easy for me to say....). Good luck!

hairyd responded:
Each person has a differences in sexual appetite If you both are young adults. You should be doing it mutlipes times a day. After he finished the honeymoon. It should then be daily.
If your saying NO GO AWAY. THEN follow that Thought. A Couple should both be enjoying each intercourse together. A can not wait to strip each other raw.
End it now. Let him find a partner that want to him in her pussy day and night. Your Not his Marriage partner. There are males that are please for only once a month for you.have your sex. But they may have a female or male on the side during it daily.
Always remember your penis is unique, just like every man.

elle0317 replied to hairyd's response:
Contrary to popular belief, men do not need sex everyday. It's a personal choice, not a gender requirement!

To the OP: I agree with the other posters here who say that his threatening to cheat is a very bad sign! He almost sounds manipulative/abusive.

tlkittycat1968 replied to hairyd's response:
Hairy, just because they're young doesn't necessarily mean they "should" be doing it multiple times a day. If they do get married, they don't "have" to do it daily. Everyone is different.

hairyd replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I am just refering to me and the men I know. How many times on your honeymoon? ( Do not answer on this thread)
True you DON'T have to Copulate daily. It Her body.

Just saying it is not gone to be a happy Marriag. When she is saying NO and his body is saying YES YES YES. Why spend the money on a divorce lawyer. Soon after a marriafge. She needs to pack. Therefore they will have the option to find TRUE Happiness in Sexual Bliss. They both have differant sex needs. The sex drive is stronger than hungry, sleep, love, etc.

elle0317 replied to hairyd's response:
I disagree, the sex drive is not stronger than the basic needs for food or sleep. Try giving up food or sleep for 7 days, it's much harder to do that giving up sex for 7 days.

tlkittycat1968 replied to elle0317's response:
I agree with you. When I'm exhausted, sex is the last thing on my mind.

An_248182 replied to hairyd's response:
idont know if you're saying this to be funny but it made me laugh . expecting sex from a woman multiple times per day is absurd and could never last !

Anon_475 replied to hairyd's response:
There's a difference between needs and wants. You can die from not sleeping, you can die from not eating. I can't say I've ever heard of anyone dying from a lack of sex.

hairyd replied to Anon_475's response:
I understand and appreciation you comments to me. I could be wrong in asuming two or more thread by females.

To a male to want and need sex is the same word. I state each male is differant. Also I stated I was referring to ME.

True you will not die if you do not have sex daily. But a female does not understand the pain of fa ull erection and menatal need to cum.

I advise this is not a good relationship. She needs to find a person more of a comparion for her. SAD but True if a Man is not get it at home He will get IT. He is telling her before marriage what his needs or wants are at thnis time. That is part of dating. To see if you will make a happy couple.

Yes men will go without food and sleep for sex. He will spent his last dollar on a female. Just like a dog that will leave its home to chase a female dog in heat. Return days later weak , cuts and bruse from fights with other male dogs. But he got him some tail.,

hairyd replied to Anon_475's response:
475, I ever heard of anyone dying from the lack of sex May not killed anyone, But why take a Chance I perfer my Daily rather than wEAkly

love2lol2 responded:
I was married to a man like that for 15 years so I'm speaking from my own experience and life lessons. We were married when I was 16 and had our first child when I was 22. I thought it was my 'duty' to give him what he wanted. I felt the same way you do now but it took me many years to figure out what the problem really was. He will not change and you shouldn't either. If he is threatening you with cheating then believe me he will sooner or later. 3/4 times a week is completely normal and should satisfy him. A question you should ask yourself and him is this,,Which is more important quality or quantity? And how much of the time spent in intimacy dedicated to you? If he is just wanting quickies then he can do that himself! How about taking all those multiple times in one day and putting them together for one really romantic sexual experience? If you spent an hour or two exploring your wants and desires for each other maybe that would benefit both of you? If he's not willing to give you that much time then maybe you should think about moving on. It's gonna be a lifetime together, shouldn't it be worth it? FYI my husband died at an early age of cancer and yes, I was there to see him through it. I loved him dearly but he was not my soul mate. I've since found him, love talking about sex any time and even get to initiate on my time!

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website