Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Implanon
moechi4evr posted:
I kept my first implanon the entire time without any issues other than spotting. This last one has been a total different story. I've had a horrible problem with heavy bleeding non stop. I found out about a week ago that I have a fibroid tumor. The dr believes the bleeding is from the implanon and suggested a hysterectomy. I tried birthcontrol pills which did stop the bleeding but I was so nauseous and had severe headaches that I can't continue with that. I had it taken out yesterday, but am still bleeding. I hope this stops soon because I'm running out of birthcontrol options. In the last year due to issues, I've had an iud, depot, implanon, and pills. Now I have the ring. I think my body needs a break from all this mess and I am considering tying my tubes. I've gained about 30 lbs between the depo and implanon and it's hard trying to shed them. I definitely don't want to get pregnant. I have four wonderful children and the baby is 9. Last one at home. But this last year has really been horrible with all these side effects and pain. Good luck to all who have and have had the implanon. I loved it the first go round, but this time is different and I just want to be free from these side effects.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website